• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mototrbo CPS purchasing not possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFDHoward

So after some problems as work I decided to buy the Mototrbo CPS for myself...I found a website that sells a DVD but research shows its only for EMEA region. Link below:

GMVN5141

That website says the software is compatible with the Mototrbo XPR 7550 radio yet the software ships from Europe??

I would like to get the Motorola Mototrbo for the AA (North America) Region yet I do not own a business so I can't get a Motorola Solutions account and I don't know if they sell the North American Mototrbo CPS on DVD/CD.

-Is it possible to buy the AA region mototrbo CPS on dvd?
-Does the DVD just provide 1 version or am I able to get future updates?
-motorola RVN5115 is this the part number/model number for the AA region CPS?

How should I go about getting this software for myself?

SCPD

QRT
You shouldn't need a business to get an account. Tell them you are a hobbyist and / or you are a ham.

MFDHoward

Apparently I can authorize a account I registered over a year ago so I had to register another gmail account.

Last edited:

cabletech

If you are trying to buy software and it is not direct from Motorola, then you are not buying from a legal source.

Just go here and follow how to sign up. https://businessonline.motorolasolutions.com.

Once you have created your account and signed the agreements you can then buy the software.

Current Motobro software is RVN5115AG Ver R11.0 @$265.00 and you get three years of updates.

MFDHoward

If you are trying to buy software and it is not direct from Motorola, then you are not buying from a legal source.

Just go here and follow how to sign up. https://businessonline.motorolasolutions.com.

Once you have created your account and signed the agreements you can then buy the software.

Current Motobro software is RVN5115AG Ver R11.0 @$265.00 and you get three years of updates.

Thanks. I'm waiting to hear from Motorola at this point. That price isn't bad.

MFDHoward

Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to me after I answer their questionnaire/survey email to get account/catalog access?

PACNWDude

When I needed MotoTrbo CPS I initially tried to go through my local radio vendor. He then directed me to the businessonline site. This allowed me to get the software and three years of updates.

I had to call Motorola back a few times though as they did not affiliate my new account with the Motorola product line and it never showed up in the software menu area for download. They sent me the hard copy of the disk and updates have been coming also, but I can usually download a week or so before the disk shows up. You may have to call the Motorola business online number several times to order the CPS, then to get your account set up. Less than $100 a year for legit software is the way to go.

MFDHoward

When I needed MotoTrbo CPS I initially tried to go through my local radio vendor. He then directed me to the businessonline site. This allowed me to get the software and three years of updates.

I had to call Motorola back a few times though as they did not affiliate my new account with the Motorola product line and it never showed up in the software menu area for download. They sent me the hard copy of the disk and updates have been coming also, but I can usually download a week or so before the disk shows up. You may have to call the Motorola business online number several times to order the CPS, then to get your account set up. Less than $100 a year for legit software is the way to go.

EDIT: Right as I posted this...they emailed me.

It's been two days since I answered the questionnaire and haven't gotten another email or anything.

Last edited:

romanr

I just went through this recently, and it does take a bit of persistence along with a healthy dose of patience, but in the end it is well worth it. Being polite goes a long way, too.

First, it does depend a bit on who you get when you call, but I almost always get someone who is nice. It helps to remember that you're dealing with a very large corporation that is set up to deal government agencies more than individuals, so (again), be polite, be patient, but persist.

After getting the account set up, you have to sign the software license and like almost anything they do, it takes about 3 days for that to get approved and acknowledged. If it takes longer, call and ask for help.

Once you have the license show up on your MOL account, you can order the CPS and a CD will be sent to you. I was in a hurry, so I called and got them to enable my online access to the files (they warned me that once they do this, returns/cancellations are not permitted - no problem for me). Not too bad and you have the CPS along with 3 years of updates to the software AND the radio firmware. You also have telephone support.

I'm a ham, so I needed the 25 kHz Entitlement ID (EID). Another call and a few hours later I received an email that directed me to take an on line course on the 25 kHz regulations. Of course, when I tried this, I had to call back to get permission to even SEE the course before I could sign up and take the 10 minutes of 'training'. Once that was finished, I had to wait for someone to manually enter the acknowledgement that I had taken/passed the course and this apparently can't be hurried. Another 3 day delay for this to work through the system and I could finally see the EID in my catalog and order it. Then it only took another 2 days for the request to be fulfilled and I received an email with the EID number that I put in CPS and I was off and programming my XPR7550.

Again, the benefits of support and updates are well worth the wait and a polite approach is always rewarded.

Thank you for doing this the legal way. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.