Pinellas P25 antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanman1960

I live in Pasco county and am able to have some reception with my scanner but only with the RS 800 antenna and only in certain parts of my house. I would like to try a external antenna on my house. What antenna and cable would you recommend for Pinellas P25 from 40 miles away ? Thank you.

nasa806

Premium Subscriber
Yagi should be 800mhz and atleast 3db gain. For cable you need low loss such as lmr-400.

Wilson and Larsen make great yagi's.

sanman1960

Anywhere in Tampa bay that sells this gear, such as the pole and antenna or online only ?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Anywhere in Tampa bay that sells this gear, such as the pole and antenna or online only ?

I don't think you'll find a 800MHz Yagi locally. Scanner Master is the best bet. Not sure if any of the online amateur radio stores will have them either.

As for the pole, I simply use the 10' top rails for a chain length fence. You can get them at Home Depot for $10. They stack, so with two, you'll have a 20' pole.

kayleesdad

haven't checked in awhile, but tessco had good pricing and wide variety. have to set up an user account. compare prices with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.