Radio Shack Scanner Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Looks like RS is having a 25% off scanner sale through 12/20. PRO 651 & 652's are $300 like they were Black Friday. According to the website, all the Uniden ones are on sale too. The low end conventional handheld is $75.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I grew up eating many times at Burger Chef, and like many teenagers, my diet consisted of Super Chefs, fries, and sodas.

None around any more, unfortunately. The last unit to carry the Burger Chef name (which was owned by Hardees) closed in 1996.

Good memories!

Russell

quarterwave

Glad to hear about the RS sale...but the Burger Chef thing is intriguing. We had one where I lived, and I went a few times when I was in Jr High and High School. Being a kid at the time, I guess I can't say if it was a "good clean" place then, by my standards now as an adult (some places I just won't go!) The funniest thing I remember was a friend of mine got a job there when we were Juniors in HS, and she worked there for 1 week and the place went out of business. She thought it was funny too. You would have thought a place going out of business would have at least enough foresight not to hire a new employee for a week.

Ok, topic hijacked.

DJ11DLN

Kudos to RS for helping expand our hobby! Pretty decent prices, those.

And I'll contribute to the good-natured thread hijack as well. We had a Burger Chef that was about a pop fly away from the old high school. In the days before closed campus and on-site security and all that other jazz that makes school more like penitentiary, it was always a mad rush over there for lunch, "school lunches" in our system being an oxymoron. We had to cross a street and it's a wonder nobody ever got hit in that stampede...but that never happened somehow. Top Shefs, Burger Chef & Jeff yo-yos...good memories. 40 years...hard to believe. Ours is still there, as a pretty successful Hardee's, many times remodeled but the basic structure is still at the core of it. :)

tumegpc

The Radio Shack Pro-668 digital handheld scanner with P25-Phase II is on sale. Looks to be available in stores only.

rwier

Premium Subscriber
" ... available in stores only ... "

RS showing $424.99 for a finely-tuned 800 clone!

RS showing none available within 100 miles of Phoenix, AZ. Has anyone checked their local RS and found one in stock?

Probably have to go to a store to find out if "SHIP TO STORE" is available?

Just curious, I certainly don't need another first rate scanner, lol.

ps: Thanks for the tout, tumegpc!

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
My store told me on sale until 12-20. My local store ordered mine he was told due in warehouse 12-17 then shipped to my local store may get lucky and get a call that santa was at my local store before Christmas I will have to wait and see. Just making up my mind to keep my old PRO-18 or not I have had it from the day it was released.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Specs say it has "Signal Stalker II" and "Spectrum Sweeper" technology; then describes their functions identically! Is this a "Message from the Department of Redundancy Department" or am I missing something?

AFAIK, "Signal Stalker" is a type of near-field reception, but then what is "Spectrum Sweeper"? Thanks!

dxradio2003

Sale Price

Hi,

Don't forget to add "JINGLE10" to your Radio Shack order for an additional 10% off. This really hits the sweet spot on scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.