psr800 --- local PD not coming up on menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I can't seem to get my local pd talkgroup to come up on the menu and select it . The countywide dispatch is working fine. Anyone have any ideas?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
PSR800 -Local PD not coming up on menu

You can always add the Talk group manually in the EZScan software in the trunking area. I did that recently with my WS1080 and nearby fire talk group. It wasn't in the RRef data base menu at the time *is now* but I simply added that and made sure it was assigned to a scan list to monitor.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Looks like PD is tagged as encrypted in the database. The software won't by default import TG's listed as encrypted.

Go to import options and choose "Import encrypted and unsupported talkgroup objects".

But if they are truly encrypted you can't hear them.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Chambersburg PD is listed in the DB and is in the clear. Not sure why it didn't download. This is all new to me. I just came in to posession of a "new to me'' 800.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Chambersburg PD is listed in the DB and is in the clear. Not sure why it didn't download. This is all new to me. I just came in to posession of a "new to me'' 800.

Ok, I missed that one. It should have downloaded then.

The default scanlist is 1, did you check to see if it's assigned to that scanlist?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
PSR800 -Local PD not coming up on menu

@markandjere - I'm a Pro96 owner and after seeing all the videos on YouTube of the GRE PSR800 I wanted to get one as we needed TDMA/phase II here but they had gone belly up. Glad Whistler brought it all back. You'll like the smooth and quiet interchange of talk groups on trunked systems with the PSR800 vs the Pro96. Even with the 1.4 firmware *the final Pro96 version, it makes this loud Brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaat noise like something missed connecting or is changing on the control channel. It gets irritating. There's none of that with the PSR800/WS1080 monitoring the same Trunked systems, It's nice a quiet when different talk groups let go and start up.

Last edited by a moderator:

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I am dealing with the learning curve at this point. I will keep working at it. I like what I see so far. Looks like the previous owner didn't use it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.