Log Periodic

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE2XWA

Hi,

Were can i get a Log Periodic antenna like the one DPD Productions used to make (118-1000 MHz Scanner LP Base Antenna) ?

Thanks, Dan

prcguy

I've had great success with various KMA logs and they used to make one in the 100 to 1300MHz range that was much better made and much cheaper than the Create logs. I have one of the 100-1300 and a 43 to 1300MHz version. Not sure if they still make antennas but you can contact them at 704-463-5820.
prcguy

VE2XWA

PRCGUY: Ed told me he close that business 2 years ago.

Ridgescan: Im not too impressed about the create construction so im keeping it as a last resort.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Or you could buy this and mount it vertical with a rotor and here things farther away than you thought possible.

Winegard Heavy Duty Platinum VHF/UHF/FM HDTV Antenna(HD8200U)

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
But it doesn't cover any public service bands.
prcguy
I am not a antenna guru like you, but I can talk from experience. I have this antenna outside 20 feet up for my garage for tv. I get my Greenville locals and Charolette NC locals just fine. The NC stations are right at 100 miles away. A simple splitter to my pro 197 with the antenna horizontal gets me low band NCHP from all of western NC, VHF from counties 100 miles away and UHF for about 80 miles. I think even though this antenna is not cut for certain bands it receives a lot. My local public service is on a hill close to me and the distant stuff is on mountains 40 to 60 miles from me. I said this mounted vertically and on a rotor would do wonders and that will be my spring project. If you look at the antenna it does have long VHF radials and if I am correct it has a hell of a 800 MHZ yagi at the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.