Beginning With A BCD 996XT/FreeSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromics

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

I'm beginning the process and am running into some minor issues with Quick Keys. I've attached what I have set up with Quick Keys, and if someone could verify it, it would be a first good step.

Although appearing straight forward, when I upload, the scanner's not displaying the systems or groups so that I can select them.

The Quick Key Editor has 1 and 3 in bold and I've checked 1, 2, and 3.

I'm in Medina, Oho.

Thanks,

Jack

Attachments

• Prog.jpg
    Prog.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 289

JoeyC

The screenshot you posted only shows a conv system on QK 1 and a MOT2 system on QK3.

The system you are (presumably) expecting to be QK2 (I'm guessing) does not have a site to assign a QK to.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
MARCS_Clip.jpg

You don't have a site programmed for the MARCS Other system.

It looks like you have your Medina "Site Quick Key" mixed in with the "Group Quick Keys". (Don't get SQKs and GQKs confused, they are different).

You press the System/Site quick keys while the scanner is scanning to enable/disable them.

The groups use Group Quick Keys which are enabled/disabled by pressing the Function Knob first while scanning that system.

The scanner will not display the systems. Press menu, then select Program Systems, and press function knob to view/access the systems and you can view and make changes on the radio there.

In my clip above both the conventional system and the MARCS site share the same System/Site quick key (20) and can be scanned together or each one can be turned off or on through the menu. (I also add the quick key number in the system/site alpha tag, that's why you see it twice).

To track MARCS properly make sure you add (or your software has downloaded) the band plan for rebanded systems under "Mot Custom/Reband Type II" in the Site Type drop-down menu.

The link below has the band plan (Just above "Software Support)

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Software_Support_for_Uniden_Rebanding

The Easier To Read Manual is a great help too if you have not already seen it :

http://marksscanners.com/996xt/996xt.shtml

Also in the future you may want to post in the Ohio Forum where people who are familiar with your area and systems may better help you instead of someone 2000 miles away.

Last edited:

JoeyC

Also in the future you may want to post in the Ohio Forum where people who are familiar with your area and systems may better help you instead of someone 2000 miles away.

Good advice when asking location specific questions but not the right choice for the question as posed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.