hooking up my feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar__hemi

i have a aux. cable going from my headphone jack of my scanner to the mic input of my computer and its acting like a microphone....you can hear my tv and when i talk you can also hear it and if i would just bang on the desk it also picks that up? any suggestions...i have a radio shack PRO-2052 any suggestions?

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Are you only hearing the computer mic or the scanner and computer mic? If both, just disable the computer mic in properties. And you're not hearing the scanner make sure you have the right input selected. How all this is done can vary on which operating system you're using. So knowing that will help with any future suggestions.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I suspect that will fix it. Had the same issue with my windows 7 machine. Just let me know if you need any more help.

skullchunks

noisey signal

could my issue be the aux cable im using? been creating a noisey signal since start up and i switched to another and both i have the same problem..it is a stereo cable only ones i can find at the moment and it is plugged into my mic input, i have three inputs being speaker and mic.... is the 3rd a line in? os is windows 7 premium and no external mics connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.