No north site FIRE C C ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Fire C C seems to have stopped broadcasting on the north site. Strangely enough, around the same time Fire C C vanished, 6B Chula Vista FD Dispatch began broadcasting on the north site. Anyone know if Fire C C or Law C C broadcast on the East site? I don't travel out there enough to have been able to figure that out.

Also, would be really nice if 4M would simulcast on north as well. :)

Paul

Mike_G_D

Hey Paul - how do you know Fire CC stopped getting carried on North? Using Unitrunker?

As far as I know, both CC's are carried on all zones; am not sure if it is continuously done or dependent on affiliated units, etc. Don, no doubt, could elaborate.

-Mike

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Neither me nor the north county stringer has been hearing them for several weeks as far as we can tell. The talkgroup is correct in the Uniden scanners, but nothing comes across. And since it's a comm center to comm center only talkgroup, not sure how they affiliate or where the dispatch centers are located.

Can you Unitrack it on the north site and see if it's doing anything?

Paul

Mike_G_D

Hmm, will monitor Unitrunker for awhile and see. I can only get, reliably, sites 2 and 3 (North and East) and cannot receive Northeast or South most of the time from here.

-Mike

Mike_G_D

Well, interesting - so far after running UT for several hours now on North Zone, no Fire CC traffic (maybe not so unusual since it just may not get used much but...) and am getting Chula Vista Fire talk groups like you said! Getting 6B a lot as well as a little on 6I and 6P.

Huh...!

Dunno, maybe some CV fire folks are boppin' around north county and affiliating to the North Zone and just causing the system to forward their traffic up here (some special training exercise or whatever) but not sure why Fire CC north is so dead. I actually don't monitor Fire CC much these days since I let an analog only scanner do fire traffic monitor duty and CC is digital. Just restarted listening to it again, though, after you brought this issue up. Will see...

-Mike

Last edited:

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
If Fire CC is not transmitting in the North cell, I suspect the one comm center in the North cell's area that is on the net by radio may be having radio problems. We'll check with them to see.

Zone 6 is no longer CV exclusive, since National City and Imperial Beach fire shifted to SDFD dispatching on the RCS. Site permissions were adjusted to reflect current dispatch operations across the RCS.

Mike_G_D

Thanks Don! Figured we'd get your attention sooner or later...;-)

Again, though, much appreciate the information you provide, thanks!''

-Mike

disp10

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it is related, but I have been noticing quite a bit of "piggybacking" transmissions over the last week in Oceanside. I had not heard that in quite some time. Related?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Back in the dinosaur days when national City and Escondido shared the same frequencies on two separate trunked systems, you could actually HEAR the others control channel and audio traffic in the squelch tail of the each system!

Many times, depending on where you were, at least on my Motorola's, you would get this strange RX coming and going in bursts, where the system you were listening to would trunk you to a channel, but you would be out of range of the specified system but closer to the other system.

Paul

Mike_G_D

UT logs showed Fire CC finally lit up about 9:04PM local this evening (12/19/2014), just FYI on the North Zone.

-Mike

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Fire C C is gone again, and it appears Law C C has been MIA all night as well. :-\

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Now Fire C C has only been transmitting on NORTH, not on SOUTH for the last 4-5 days. Not good, I need Fire C C. :-(

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Simulcast update, FIRE C C and LAW C C are now both only being transmitted on the SOUTH site. :-\

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.