Siren Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Well all the flagmen here have had their wish come true and nobody has been making new threads demanding updates on the siren app, meanwhile it has now been about 2 months since the last update was provided (October 29th)...

I am left wondering if we will ever see the Siren app.. I think its been a year now since I paid close to $700 Canadian dollars for the dream of having a phase II scanner that could stream.. or pretty close.... Will we see the HP-3 or the BC636XT before Siren?

As it stands right now I have a couple bc436hp and a bc536hp, neither model can properly decode the local harris phase 2 system in my county and of course the streaming app still is not out.. and not that I would use it.. but analyze is still missing also.. 0/3 so far.

Paul.. an update would be nice.. at this point, I think there needs to be something done for the owners.. I assume all the lawsuit threats have beaten Uniden in to a hole of silence and perhaps to even thoughts to abandon the product..

Last edited:

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Ditto . . . my BCD436HP is parked on a shelf and awaiting firmware updates that "might" address some of the many problems that plague it.

-Johnnie

kellykeeton

put this thing on the shelf I haven't even turned it on since the dumb battery started to fail .. i consider it a total waste of cash. the lack of any updates or testing for the general public is bullpoop paul says that he isnt going to release stuff till its ready - as angry as people are that seems like a total joke I don't care if its poop as long as I think you have something.. I don't think they have anything total flop and they are trying to perform alchemy now.

I will never buy uniden again.. ever -they lost me as a customer or as someone who cares about anything they sell. I make sure to NOT buy anything uniden.

durangoGreg

I'd like to see an update too.

My 536 basically sits in a box waiting for the Siren App so that I can use it as a mobile scanner. I just don't have any room to mount the scanner except under my rear seat. I want to use the Siren App as a remote head to wirelessly control the scanner and output sound to my phone which is bluetooth connected to the car audio system.

I live way out in the country and it is too far from any service for the scanner to pick up. I travel 45,000 miles a year and bought the scanner solely for mobile use. At this point it has been so long with no firmware update and no news from Uniden or UPMan that I am beginning to wonder if Uniden gave up. They just aren't telling anyone anything hoping that the whole thing eventually blows over as they release new products.

I was one of the unfortunate ones who was bit by the labelling on the box which says nothing about Wifi and the Siren App being non-functional. I didn't connect up with RR until after I bought the scanner, opened it up and couldn't find the Siren App or make the Wifi dongle work.

I didn't want to pay a re-stocking fee with a return to the dealer or take a loss on eBay and mess with shipping and not getting paid, so I kept the scanner thinking that Uniden was actually going to deliver a fully functioning Siren App and Wifi. I guess trusting Uniden was a big $600 mistake.

It would be nice to at least get some update that Uniden is still focused on a solution and that progress is being made.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
So I guess it would sometime in Jan. before we will see the update or is there one out now ?

talfal7901

Premium Subscriber
No mention of an Android app and he didn't say which January. Or March! I think we'd have better odds of getting struck by lightning in a snow storm.

Hulca

At this point, the analyze feature and app are last on my list.
I am looking for basic improvements like the clock reset/battery issue and many others to make the 436 usable and enjoyable.

Even the basic firmware issues have been ignored for almost 1 year. Any update on basic firmware improvements? Hmmm..................... .Flagship scanner? Not even close.

wise871

Database Admin
I'd be happy to at least see CC Only in the search options. This way I can search without having to wait on the analyzer features.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I am looking for basic improvements like the clock reset/battery issue

There's a fix for this that has been out since the scanner was released. Send the scanner to Uniden to have the clock battery replaced. Or replace it yourself if you're handy with a soldering iron.

VE3RADIO

There's a fix for this that has been out since the scanner was released. Send the scanner to Uniden to have the clock battery replaced. Or replace it yourself if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Not many people want to wait 3 weeks to have something so stupid repaired.. I know I sure don't.. I have the issue on one of my 436 and I wont be sending it in.. I'm not going to pay shipping and wait three weeks...

JoeyC

Not many people want to wait 3 weeks to have something so stupid repaired.. I know I sure don't.. I have the issue on one of my 436 and I wont be sending it in.. I'm not going to pay shipping and wait three weeks...

If they want the problem resolved they will.
And then there are those who are happy to complain endlessly and will probably just gripe about it every time a thread about these scanners comes about.

VE3RADIO

If they want the problem resolved they will.
And then there are those who are happy to complain endlessly and will probably just gripe about it every time a thread about these scanners comes about.

So if you were sitting in Canada and had to ship the radio to Uniden at a cost of about $14 dollars, plus the possibility of $20-30 in customs charges on the return trip to get a stupid battery fixed would you think that was a good use of money?

Cost vs Benefit analysis my friend.. not worth it.

Anyone defending Uniden at this point in the game clearly has an alternate motive or was not blessed with the intellectual gifts.

D

DaveNF2G

If you choose not to get your broken scanner or whatever else fixed, then don't expect a lot of sympathy when you continue to complain that it doesn't work.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Anyone defending Uniden at this point in the game clearly has an alternate motive or was not blessed with the intellectual gifts.[/QUOTE said:
Says the person who spent $500+ dollars on a radio that now doesn't function as it should and refuses to get it fixed for at most $49.00 US. Well I guess you showed Uniden then huh? Good lord these Uniden hate threads are becoming mind numbing... And no, I have no alternative motive...

VE3RADIO

Says the person who spent $500+ dollars on a radio that now doesn't function as it should and refuses to get it fixed for at most $49.00 US. Well I guess you showed Uniden then huh? Good lord these Uniden hate threads are becoming mind numbing... And no, I have no alternative motive...

Its annoying but not annoying enough to spend any more money on the radio, the radio still functions fine... I can live with it.. I just find it annoying.

mciupa

This is encouraging news. I think I'll hold off creating a classified ad for my poor 536. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.