453.3 MHz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I've had this freq in my scanner for a while, but hadn't heard anything on it until tonight. It's a Yamhill county fire tac according to the RR database, and perhaps it is, but what I heard tonight sounded more like a couple of fire companies working in northern Clark county. They were on a repeater, looking for a fire in the vicinity of "Elliot & Amboy", which Google says is up near Yacolt. They said other things that led me to think they were in Washington state, like referring to the fire as possibly being a DNR controlled burn. The signal came booming in full quieting too, which also leads me to believe it was not Yamhill County as Yamhill is hard to copy from my SW Portland location.
Anyway, this freq is not listed in the DB for Clark Co., the only agency anywhere near Portland I could find a listing for is Yamhill. Anyone familiar with this fire tac channel? I didn't catch a PL tone for it.

Thanks!

I'll post this over in the Washington forum too.

radiotweester

Keep this freq!
It's listed as West Valley Fire, but it's actually used by Amity Fire as Ch13.
The only time I've heard it active was when Amity Fire responds. It's pretty much a chat channel. I've never heard a Dispatcher on it, just units.
If you happen to have noise like I do, it's transmits a CTCSS tone of 100.0.

vansigint98661

Premium Subscriber
Yes it's a repeater for North County EMS, which is a fire/ems/rescue group out in the Yacolt area serving portions of Clark, Cowlitz and Skamania. The repeater is probably on a hilltop referred to as "Dunnigan" and covers a wide area. There may be others as well, but that's the one I hear in Vancouver.

I believe I saw a licesnse for another freq in the 453 area, but can't recall specifically what it is. Since I've never heard traffic on it, I suspect it's either way out there or used primarily simplex.

There are a few freqs that do not show in the Clark County listing here for some reason. Another notable one is 155.07, which is a WA State license for transmitter(s) in Clark County. It broadcasts talkgroups from CRESA I am told it is capable of many, but frankly have only heard it used on Control 2, the CCSO Dispatch channel. I'm also told this is so that WSP troopers can monitor them on their radios. It is not as has been frequently indicated a Clark County repeater. In fact the old Control 2 output is currently used as "Fire-Talk" cross patch from the CRESA TRS TG of the same name.

Notably, North County also uses VHF 153.95 in repeater mode for fire use, but I'm too far away to find an input. I suspect looking in their licenses will give focus on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.