Navy Seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
Thought I would toss this out to the group and see what kind of response I would get.

I am wintering in Southern California (starting next week) ... The Desert Warfare Training Centre for the Navy Seals. It's called Camp Billy Machen .. hidden in the Chocolate Mountains.

My question is for the group: "When the seals go on training maneuvers do they us HM, VHF, UHF ... all of the above or something else?"

I know they are probably encrypted on missions, but what about training?
If I was to look for them ... does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Stavro35

I doubt very seriously you could tune into anything worth monitoring. I can tell you during the 2004 G8 summit they had access to the Glynn/Brunswick Georgia TRS. And I know this for a fact when there was a security breach and a S.E.A.L team leader came up on that system to talk to the police and military command.

PACNWDude

Train as you fight.

As for any military unit, they are supposed to encrypt all transmissions, even during training. So they should be using VHF encrypted mostly, UHF for the repeaters, and satcom for anything beyond line of sight (BLOS). Real world, everyone comes up in the clear sometimes. They usually use Thales PRC-148 radios that are multi-band, and encrypted. They also have inter-operable comms with local police and fire as do most military units now.

Probably not going to hear too much, but always worth trying. Some of the comms are spread spectrum and suppressed carrier, so you would need gear that can listen into the noise floor to even know the signal is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.