BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Uniden Sentinel Crash using FL editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at HomePatrol_Sentinel.fle_GuiTabPage_P25BandPlan`1.GetFormControl()
   at HomePatrol_Sentinel.FavoritesEditor.GetFormControl(GuiTreeNode BeforeNode)
   at HomePatrol_Sentinel.FavoritesEditor.TreeView_FE_BeforeSelect(Object sender, TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnBeforeSelect(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelecting(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BCDx36HP_Sentinel
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Uniden/BCDx36HP%20Sentinel/BCDx36HP_Sentinel.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

SCPD

QRT
What were you doing when this occurred?

I *think* I was attempting to change the name of an existing P25 site in a system of multiple sites. I didn't have the scanner connected. I was just updating a favorites list. I had been using the editor for at least an hour... and after the crash I had to close out the FL editor but I didn't have to quit the main application. Thankfully I didn't lose much data.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Are you able to repeat the error, i.e. cause it to crash again?

I've never experienced that before on several computers, on either HP1 or x36 Sentinel, with various favorites lists. I'm running Win7 x64. What OS are you on?

If you can make the error happen again, and identify which FL is causing the problem, I'd be willing to look at it in my system and try to reproduce it here.

rwier

" ... change the name of an existing P25 site in a system of multiple sites ... "

As per Jay, I have done this multiple times in the Sentinel FL Editor without a problem (HP-1 Sentinel only)

SCPD

QRT
Are you able to repeat the error, i.e. cause it to crash again? I'm running Win7 x64. What OS are you on?

If you can make the error happen again, and identify which FL is causing the problem, I'd be willing to look at it in my system and try to reproduce it here.

Nope. As I said, I had to quit the FL Editor app first and then I was able to continue on with the Sentinel application. I thought I had lost quite a bit of editing but that wasn't the case. It was just one site. I was able to edit the FL again and continue.

I'm using the same OS.

Feel free to mess with the specific FL: http://home.comcast.net/~k7cj/Nick436.zip

I was editing the Federal TRS -> DOJ IWN sites -- renaming them in the format shown.

I was just about done when the crash happened so I haven't yet reproduced the issue. From my experience, it could be a memory leak or some kind of empty buffer (that was supposed to be populated with data), etc.

What might be more accurate of a repro is to create a new FL and add the DOJ IWN site (from WA King County) and delete the non-WA sites. Then I started to rename them.

Again, I had the Sentinel App open for at least one hour and performing various modifications across multiple FL's...

The stack trace should help the Uniden developers...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I messed about for a while, and couldn't get it to fail on my system. Either I have to pound on it harder, or the gremlins that visited you were scared off. ;)

My own FLs are quite a bit bigger KB-wise than the ones you shared, and I have myself spent a lot of time churning away on them doing work on radio IDs, building a huge provincewide system from scratch, etc., so I would have figured I'd've seen a problem. Sorry I couldn't duplicate your issues, hope they don't appear again!

SCPD

QRT
I messed about for a while, and couldn't get it to fail on my system. Either I have to pound on it harder, or the gremlins that visited you were scared off.

Yep no problem. I've only hit this once myself so I'm not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.