HomePatrol-1 EXTREME Upgrade failure, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guruuno

I recently replaced my hardly used HP-1 with a new BCD536HP, and the gent who bought mine is telling me he has difficulty getting the EXTREME upgrade to "take", or whatever it does.

I, never had that issue, and have provided him all of the credentials from MY Uniden account where it was (and still is) registered showing all ESN/Serial numbers and EXTREME key, etc.

Below is the e-mail I have received from the new owner of the HP-1, and I was hoping somebody has an insight as to why he is having issues?
------------------------------------------
I have updated H.P. Sentinel to 2.03 v2.. The 'Register Advanced ' option on my HP1 remains inactive, cannot be opened, greyed out. I had tried that option before initially contacting you I can find no instructions for unlocking this option anywhere on the net. When attempting to register at Uniden I get: 'The Checksum you entered is not valid. Please recheck your input to ensure that you have entered the last 12 digits of the ESN correctly.' The full ESN on my Version Information displays as: (I have removed the serial number for posting here). I need to register the EXTREME code you provided but I cannot.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Someone needs to show him how to use it. BTW - registration in not required to install it.

Unlike previous non-Sentinel models, registration has never been required for firmware updates either.

I recently replaced my hardly used HP-1 with a new BCD536HP, and the gent who bought mine is telling me he has difficulty getting the EXTREME upgrade to "take", or whatever it does.

I, never had that issue, and have provided him all of the credentials from MY Uniden account where it was (and still is) registered showing all ESN/Serial numbers and EXTREME key, etc.

Below is the e-mail I have received from the new owner of the HP-1, and I was hoping somebody has an insight as to why he is having issues?
------------------------------------------
I have updated H.P. Sentinel to 2.03 v2.. The 'Register Advanced ' option on my HP1 remains inactive, cannot be opened, greyed out. I had tried that option before initially contacting you I can find no instructions for unlocking this option anywhere on the net. When attempting to register at Uniden I get: 'The Checksum you entered is not valid. Please recheck your input to ensure that you have entered the last 12 digits of the ESN correctly.' The full ESN on my Version Information displays as: (I have removed the serial number for posting here). I need to register the EXTREME code you provided but I cannot.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
This means the Extreme features are already enabled.

Exactly!

If the seller already had Extreme activated, it will still be activated for the new owner.
The radio does not care who owns it.

I think the only way to remove it is by using some of the hidden test modes that someone posted here some time back. Not the hidden P25 settings under the blank button on the Audio settings screen but the other hidden test modes that people should not mess with.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Once the extreme upgrade key is entered and accepted by the scanner (as it was by you) it can NEVER be erased or deleted through any means available to the end user.... and that includes "clearing user data", replacing the SD card, updating the firmware, or leaving it un-powered for long periods of time.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Someone needs to show him how to use it. BTW - registration in not required to install it.

Unlike previous non-Sentinel models, registration has never been required for firmware updates either.

Registration at my.uniden.com is required to initially purchase the Extreme Upgrade key.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Once the extreme upgrade key is entered and accepted by the scanner (as it was by you) it can NEVER be erased or deleted through any means available to the end user.... and that includes "clearing user data", replacing the SD card, updating the firmware, or leaving it un-powered for long periods of time.

Actually, it can.
A while back someone posted a way of getting into a bunch of hidden menus for testing or alignment purposes. Not intended for the end user at all.

One of the hidden options will wipe your Extreme key from the HP1.
But... the button to enter the extreme key becomes available again and you can get extreme back again by entering your key.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Actually, it can.
A while back someone posted a way of getting into a bunch of hidden menus for testing or alignment purposes.

Not intended for the end user at all.

Yep... exactly why I worded it that way.

guruuno

So, just for clarification of the entire matter, and educational purposes, can someone explain just exactly what to look for, what will be "activated", what the scanner will do, if the "Extreme" upgrade is active vs if it is not? This would most likely solve the issue for the answer to if or if not it is or is not activated or working.

Thanking all in advance, your Forum is awesome, but my brain is in overload digesting this....I will eventually "get it" all some day.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
So, just for clarification of the entire matter, and educational purposes, can someone explain just exactly what to look for, what will be "activated", what the scanner will do, if the "Extreme" upgrade is active vs if it is not? This would most likely solve the issue for the answer to if or if not it is or is not activated or working.

Thanking all in advance, your Forum is awesome, but my brain is in overload digesting this....I will eventually "get it" all some day.

As mentioned previously.....

MENU --> Advanced Menu --> Advanced Option --> Register Advanced

If the "Register Advanced" menu item on the Home Patrol screen is grayed out (not selectable), and the other choices below that (the upgrade features items) ARE selectable..... it means that the Extreme Upgrade is installed and working.

The features that are unlocked with the Extreme Upgrade are listed here:

HomePatrolExtreme < HomePatrol < TWiki

The user's manual for the Extreme features is here:

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2_Extreme.pdf

Last edited:

robertcansler

failure to upgrade extreme

I tried to input the extreme serial number it fails
my display will not allow me to input the dashes for the serial number
the web address for support is broken,

Did I just blow 49.00

thanks for any help in advance

bob cansler

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Did you try entering it without the dashes? It's been ages since I had to enter the code on my radios, but I don't recall needing to enter the dashes.

And regardless of what happens, no, you didn't just blow $49. A Uniden rep spends a large amount of time on these forums and goes out of his way to help out when needed. If we can't get you going, he will.

robertcansler

Thanks, I hope someone can help me; I realize it is probably something I am doing
Yes, I entered it without the dashes I followed the yellow brick road, all the way to
Uniden support and it sent me here.

Thanks

Bob C

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I tried to input the extreme serial number it fails
my display will not allow me to input the dashes for the serial number
the web address for support is broken,

Did I just blow 49.00

thanks for any help in advance

bob cansler

You do need to use the hyphens.

You are trying to use the underline key instead of the hyphen (dash) key.

The underline key is grayed out, the hyphen key is not. (it's just below the 7/8 keys in the 2nd row).

rwier

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2_Extreme.pdf

robertcansler

Thanks

ok the dash worked, NOTE under Florescent LIghting the entire key pad looks greyed out, under incandesant light the dash sticks right out,

I knew I was doing something wrong

thanks

Bob Cansler

You do need to use the hyphens.

You are trying to use the underline key instead of the hyphen (dash) key.

The underline key is grayed out, the hyphen key is not. (it's just below the 7/8 keys in the 2nd row).

Status
Not open for further replies.