Hp hangs up after digital transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugrat5288

My local police department hangs up the hp for awhile after each one of there transmissions. I receive static for varying periods of time as if the squelch is to high then it just returns to scanning . Any way around this? This is the only frequency it happens on.

phask

Premium Subscriber
What is your squelch setting?

What is the system - state, county , agency - or a RR link.

My local police department hangs up the hp for awhile after each one of there transmissions. I receive static for varying periods of time as if the squelch is to high then it just returns to scanning . Any way around this? This is the only frequency it happens on.

rugrat5288

Tone is off on pc but when receiving the frequency on hp it displays nac517 in red under police channel 1

Voyager

If the channel does not have that NAC programmed, program it. You may have a weak RF source nearby on or near that frequency that is holding the squelch open. Programming that NAC in the channel should cure the issue.

phask

Premium Subscriber
If the channel does not have that NAC programmed, program it. You may have a weak RF source nearby on or near that frequency that is holding the squelch open. Programming that NAC in the channel should cure the issue.

Good thinking - think my brain is dead. Been in Freescan and a couple 996's for too long :)

rugrat5288

Well it seems cured now with the squelch on 4. I will program the tone tomorrow just to see and report back.

rugrat5288

I went back on to the pc and added the tone. At that time I also noticed that it was set to nfm on the frequency rather than fm. So far so good back at a squelch setting of 2. Thanks for the clues to clearing that issue up. I hope that fixes it.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
My HP-2 gets a squelch tail once in a while on Motorola II systems. I don't think the HPs decode the end codes like the T/XTs do.

My HP-2 just started with the squelch tail on Columbus Public Safety about a week ago. It's very strange because it has never done this in the month or so I've owned it up until now. Very frustrating. My HP-1 started doing it after a few years of ownership. Is there a filter wearing out prematurely?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
My HP-2 just started with the squelch tail on Columbus Public Safety about a week ago. It's very strange because it has never done this in the month or so I've owned it up until now. Very frustrating. My HP-1 started doing it after a few years of ownership. Is there a filter wearing out prematurely?

I think it is something with the system itself, not the scanner. Mine does it too and only on this system. You can try turning the squelch up a notch.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
I think it is something with the system itself, not the scanner. Mine does it too and only on this system. You can try turning the squelch up a notch.

I did try turning the squelch up but it makes no difference. But thanks for the response. I guess there is nothing that can be about this done for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.