BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Everything I turn the scanner on I have to set the clock, 'Please set the clock."

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I believe there is an internal battery for the clock. Plug the USB into the scanner with it off for a few hours and that should charge it up.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I believe there is an internal battery for the clock. Plug the USB into the scanner with it off for a few hours and that should charge it up.

Actually, he needs to leave the scanner plugged in and "turned on and continuously running" for 50+ hours.

The internal clock battery will not charge if the scanner is off.

There are many, many posts on the subject.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Actually, he needs to leave the scanner plugged in and "turned on and continuously running" for 50+ hours.

Will a iPhone AC adapter work? Instead of leaving the computer on for 50+ hours.

thank you

Voyager

Will a iPhone AC adapter work? Instead of leaving the computer on for 50+ hours.

thank you

Yes, it will, and it doesn't have to be 50 hours continuous. The key is that you will want to charge up the battery. That can be done in several overnight charging sessions if you want. It will take a total of 50 charging hours (minus discharge while in use) to charge up the clock battery.

PBenz

May I ask how many days the clock battery should last before having to be recharged? I've done the 50-hour thing several times and I still have to reset the clock after not using the scanner for 2 or 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.