dsd audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

has anyone noticed that the audio in dsd starts off quiet and builds up to louder and louder until its so loud you just about have to cut the speakers down.

Boatanchor

If you are referring to the original DSD, I find it's phase 1 demodulated audio dynamic range & quality quite good (realistic), albeit lacking a little in high frequency audio response.

DSD+, on the other hand needs work. I find it's recovered P25 phase 1 audio quality leaves a lot to be desired due to virtually non-existent dynamic range. Personally, I can't listen to DSD+ for any more than a few minutes at a time, but that is just me. I don't have any phase 2 or DMR, so can't comment on the audio they produce.

Of course, I will get shot down in flames for writing this - Gift horses etc.

Credit where credit is due though, DSD+ has opened up a whole new world of digital voice monitoring for many.

reconrider8

yea this on dsd+ i had it on dsd first but for some reason after i open it up i dont get a list of my input/outputs so i cant select where i want to pipe my audio around

reconrider8

how do you go about finding the outputs in dsd? i put in dsd -o but it just relists the options for it and im running vb cable A

Status
Not open for further replies.