forums having issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I've been getting a pretty fair number of service unavailable and web page unavailable messages all day. Looks like the servers are straining due to lots of traffic...Mike

jfhtm350

Are you having the problem now? I've been buzzing around here with no problems.
Maybe its a problem with the third party scripts bogging down the forum.

R

retiredmich

when I go from 1 category to another it takes for ever to change & came up. Seem like to night it is really bad.

jfhtm350

No problems here.

One of these servers is likely the problem:
"edge.quantserve.com"
"www.google-analytics.com"
"adn.ebay.com"
"cdn.viglink.com"
"www.adsnetworkserver.com"
"ajax.googleapis.com"

Voyager

I saw the issue earlier, but it seemed that the pages themselves were being loaded but not displayed which indicates an ad or other content was not being loaded. This was around 7 hours ago. It's been fine since.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Forum slow

It was almost impossible to pull up a page last night, but is normal this morning.

Voyager

I saw the same. Yet, if I tried to reload the page, it showed everything but the ads fine (like the actual page had loaded already).

JonN

I experienced some slowness yesterday. Nothing major, I could load pages and didn't get error messages. It seems fine today..

W5BFF

I've been getting a pretty fair number of service unavailable and web page unavailable messages all day. Looks like the servers are straining due to lots of traffic...Mike

It threw a "503 Server Busy" error on me a couple of times yesterday.

...but it was only with the forums, not the rest of the site. I image then MySQL server that hosts the db for this forum was a little tasked.

All seems well, now.

Voyager

Again, it doesn't appear the server was the issue (or slow) - it was the ad server. If you stopped the load, the RR info was there.

w2xq

Mentor
Blame the DPRK. They're being blamed for everything else. For those on Android, I like the 'TracePing' app to see what's going on.

QDP2012

Good afternoon Admins/Mods,

What is going on with the RR Forums servers yesterday and today?

Yesterday/Last night, there were repeated 503 errors, and for the last several hours, it's nearly impossible to keep a "Logon" from auto-logging off. (Have already tried different browsers, clearing caches/cookies, using different ISPs, etc., with no improvement.)

Even the "Members Online" list goes blank and shows no users online, but soon after, it shows many online.

Is RR having another server problem, or some sort of unwanted visitor(s) to the site?

Thanks,

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Seeing all kinds of strange behavior here as well. Many 503 "no server available to handle your request" errors last evening and today as well.

Slow to no loading of pages randomly with auto log-outs.

I just checked the "members online" page, and I was the only person online... did a refresh of that page and the count went to 256 and then back to 5 members an instant later.

clicking on "new posts" shows current posts one second, then the next second it shows posts that haven't been added to for a day or 2.

Really weird but seems to be almost a daily occurrence lately.

Voyager

Subsequent clicks on NEW POSTS are also toggling between my latest info and the set previous - as if there are two unsync'ed servers running. Looks like it's time to do some PM and replace things like HDs and towers. (or was RR bought out by Sony?)

Status
Not open for further replies.