split up frequency's

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

In my RS PRO 106 If I run out of space in a scan list to put in frequency's for a certain Department ( Digital ) can I put the rest of the needed frequency's in a different scan list & will it work for that Department ?

jfhtm350

Technically if you have space to put a system in scan list 2 then you will have room in scan list 1 although loading down one scanlist will make the scan time turnover longer.

What department are you trying to put in?

R

retiredmich

I added 2 WY CO KS SO unites to my scan list # 4, when I added the 2 units with no problem, but when I went to add the frequency's I needed for those WY CO SO I only had 2 spaces open, So I just added the CC channel & 1 Alt channel, BUT! there are 4 frequency's I need to add for those 2 Departments. Can I put the other 2 frequency's in another scan list & will it cover the 2 departments that way ?

R

retiredmich

I will try to make it more clear. On per say bank #4 I have KHP from KC to the Ks & Colorado boarder, in that list I have frequency's for different Co in Ks to cover KHP. With in that list I can program up to 32 frequency's total. OK, then I added 2 WY CO SO TG ID's to scan list # 4, BUT only had space for 2 more frequency's with in that list, I have 4 frequency's to program for WY CO SO, my question is can I put 2 frequency's in list #4 & the other 2 in a different list, will that work with the frequency's , or do the frequency's have to be in the same bank ( PERSAY ) ?

R

retiredmich

Pertaining to my split frequency's question, I figured out how to do what I wanted to do with my WY CO SO, it was a mater of moving all of it to another list that is not full. BUT ! I am still curious if I can still split my frequency's on 2 scan list for 1 Department & still make it work, will have to do that & see if it works.thanks for all reply's, & I apology's for the confusion. Have a good day.

jfhtm350

Is it a trunking system? I take it they are all on the same trunking system. If they are you basically just:

1) Program the same system twice. Say one for KHP from KC to the Ks & Colorado boarder and one for WY CO SO.
2) Give them two different names.
3) Program in the frequencies needed for each system. They may be the same frequencies, different or a mix. You will need the frequencies for whatever talkgroups your trying to program in.
4) Program any custom t-tables if needed.
5) Program in your talkgroups for each system and assign them a scanlist. They can both be scanlist 4 or you can make one scanlist 4 and the other another scanlist.

So basically you created two of the same systems with different talkgroups.

R

retiredmich

OK , thanks for the reply. And yes they are the same System P25 Dig. Some times I get a little ahead of my self doing this stuff, my fingers go faster than what I am think & then I for get what I'm trying to do, HA HA ! I appreciate the info, Thanks

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Can I put the other 2 frequency's in another scan list & will it cover the 2 departments that way ?

The word you are looking for is "Trunked System" (TSYS). The trunked system object is not attached to any specific scanlist and you can have any number of them and have duplicates for each like jfhtm mentioned. That method is particularly useful for if you want to have some kind of site selection to hear particular traffic somewhere.

As for a statewide system, I would also suggest perhaps figuring out if your state uses a static control channel. This means that it basically uses the primary control channel (red in the database) 99% of the time, which makes programming the alternates (blue) less important. While alternates are ideal for small systems for 100% coverage all the time, a wide geographical area makes the 32 frequency limit really show. You may just want to cut out the alternate control channels in order to free up your trunked system for a greater number of sites if you don't end up splitting it off to different TSYS objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.