Scanner World on the Net....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Just was browsing the 'net. Decided to check on their site. Know it has been down for awhile. See it is back up once again....HUGE change though....They no longer sell ANY Scanners....Just accessories only...Does anyone have any insider info WHY??? I mean it is getting more difficult to find retailers. I've ordered several scanners from then and was always happy with my purchases...Just kind of shocked they have quit selling scanners....Just wondering why....

osros

Feed Provider
I noticed as well but been out of it for a while and happen to come across there site a week ago. I don't know what happened. But I can imagine it would be hard to compete with other sellers. I also can't image even the current sellers can compete with Amazon which has a big difference is scanner prices.

Just like anything else the big sallowing up the small, not always a good thing. If you have a favorite seller please continue to support them. If a few bucks does not make a difference to you.

D

DaveNF2G

Too expensive to do business in NY state, I suspect. NY is one of the states that is most aggressive about trying to collect sales tax on online sales, too.

rcool101

Feed Provider
No wonder. I bought a scanner from them years ago. At the same time bought some accessory. They charged me shipping on each item then shipped them in the same box. Never bought another thing from them again.

dmg1969

I noticed that too. Thinking about a BCT15X for home and wanted to compare prices on all the usual sites. I was like "Hmmm...no scanners at ScannerWorld?".

Nasby

Back in the 1980's they were the only game in town.

They had the best prices but their customer service was lacking.

I loved getting new catalogs from them.

15plus1

I used to look forward to getting their catalog in the mail. Ordered a couple of scanners, antennas and CB's from them. Used to have to mail in a check or call with a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.