Huntingdon County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

Taking a look appears to be a new UHF conventional system for fire and EMS based on the 462/467.9625 frequency in there. Fire in Huntingdon County is currently on low band (33 MHZ). Seeing analog narrowband and P25 emissions on the licenses so this could be analog or digital. Moving to UHF would put Huntingdon County in the same band as some of their neighbouring counties (Blair, Bedford, and Juniata). Also of note the contact on the second license is Compros out of Altoona. Looks like Huntingdon may have hired them to figure out a new radio system for them.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Taking a look appears to be a new UHF conventional system for fire and EMS based on the 462/467.9625 frequency in there. Fire in Huntingdon County is currently on low band (33 MHZ). Seeing analog narrowband and P25 emissions on the licenses so this could be analog or digital. Moving to UHF would put Huntingdon County in the same band as some of their neighbouring counties (Blair, Bedford, and Juniata). Also of note the contact on the second license is Compros out of Altoona. Looks like Huntingdon may have hired them to figure out a new radio system for them.

Seeing that ComPros built both Bedford and Blair's systems it's probably a sure bet that Huntigdon's will be the same analog dispatch with P25 operations. Besides both Blair and Bedford do allot of mutual aid into Huntingdon.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
ComPros has the regional contract for Motorola for the central PA region. As far as if they're doing a UHF conventional or P25, that is yet to be determined. All the towers have the same frequenies so they could be working on a county-wide simulcast on all towers or regional repeaters with different NACs. Guess we will have to wait and see.

SCPD

QRT
I saw on the feed providers page for the county that the switch was to happen Jan 1, 2018. I haven't heard any traffic for huntingdon on the new frequencies. If there is anyone from the county could you please post updates or submit the info to the database for the county.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I saw that too and have no idea what's happening because I haven't heard of any testing and no one has gotten radios, that I'm aware of.

CSBrown

New system

Heard radio tech's testing audio levels on the dispatch channel yesterday. At least something is happening.

CHAWMAN24

These are to be the frequencies for the New P25 System. Com Pros of Altoona is doing the system. I spoke with one of their workers the other week and they are in the process of adding additional tower sites. Testing should start soon but he wasn’t aware of a date as to when the new system will be up and running. I also heard them doing signal testing on the new fire dispatch frequency yesterday. Was coming in loud and clear from my location in southern Blair County.

460.58750 KNDQ382 RM 156.7 PL HC Disp Fire & EMS Dispatch Multi-Dispatch
453.33750 KNDQ382 RM 337 NAC HC Ops 1 Operations 1 P25 Fire-Tac
453.75000 KNDQ382 RM 750 NAC HC Ops 2 Operations 2 P25 Fire-Tac
462.98750 KNDQ382 RM 987 NAC HC Ops 3 Operations 3 P25 Fire-Tac
458.66250 KNDQ382 BM 625 NAC HC Tac-1 Tactical 1 P25 Fire-Tac
465.18750 KNDQ382 BM 875 NAC HC Tac-2 Tactical 2 P25 Fire-Tac
465.38750 KNDQ382 BM 156.7 PL HC Tac-3 Tactical 3 FMN Fire-Tac
458.28750 KNDQ382 BM 156.7 PL HC Tac-4 Tactical 4 FMN Fire-Tac
458.68750 KNDQ382 BM 875 NAC HC Tac-5 Tactical 5 P25 Fire-Tac
462.95000 KNDQ382 RM 950 NAC HC EMS Ops EMS Operations P25 EMS-Tac
453.56250 KNDQ382 RM 562 NAC HC Police County Police Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch

CHAWMAN24

Appears the New system is up and running. I haven’t had a lot of time to monitor but I have heard some calls dispatched on the new Dispatch frequency and also have heard traffic on the opps channels.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
Yes, the new system is online and departments are being dispatched on it. Low band system is on the back burner as far as I know. All departments have portables and I believe all departments finally had their mobiles installed (mobiles were the last thing to be done).

EMS was switched over ahead of Fire and seem to have success.

Surrounding counties are to contact Huntingdon 911 for PTTIDs, both analog and digital, so they can be added to Huntingdon's console.

Mount Union PD is using encryption from their units but I believe county transmits back in the clear.

cavmedic

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the new system is online and departments are being dispatched on it. Low band system is on the back burner as far as I know. All departments have portables and I believe all departments finally had their mobiles installed (mobiles were the last thing to be done).

EMS was switched over ahead of Fire and seem to have success.

Surrounding counties are to contact Huntingdon 911 for PTTIDs, both analog and digital, so they can be added to Huntingdon's console.

Mount Union PD is using encryption from their units but I believe county transmits back in the clear.

So this is a mixed mode, non trunking system? My parents have a place by the Lake, looks like ill be programming up an older phase 1 scanner for pops to listen to her and there.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
Just analog and digital conventional shown in the database.

They will be phasing out low band once the county verifies all UHF radios are online.

Status
Not open for further replies.