Made In America ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Database Admin
China pretty much owns America.. does that count?

They do this intentionally to devalue their own currency so they can export their products to us cheaply to us consumers who have loads of disposable income.

Everyone loves a bargoon, right? :lol:

chekoz77

There isnt much of anything made in America anymore. And most of the stuff that says it is, is simply assembled in America. Yup, you can get Chinese parts and as long as you put em toghether here its considered "made in America".

Dont believe me? Just ask Harley Davidson. Lol

prcguy

I think its more like $35 an hour and even though they don't have any skill beyond the one simple task they are trained for they want more and will strike to get it.

It used to be there were very simple entry level jobs that you can teach anyone to do in minutes and it paid minimum wage. Usually people right out of high scool would take them as a first job and it was a stepping stone to something better. Now people expect to feed an entire family and make a mortgage payment by workimg at McDonalds flipping burgers. It was never meant to be that way.

Back on track, at least there are a few ham radio mfrs left in America like Elecraft, TenTec, Flex Radio, etc. their products are more on the high end side and the price reflects that but at least their still cranking out great quality innovative products and in my opinion better than competing products made outside the US.
prcguy

Yup gotta pay those union workers 25 bucks an hour so they can sit and tell you what they are not doing today.[emoji16]

Status
Not open for further replies.