cannot open Airspy device

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
This evening I was greeted with the message "cannot open Airspy device" when I try to use it with SDR#. I have no idea what changed or why. I tried a system restore point but it had no effect.

How would I completely remove the Airspy drivers and start over?

joeuser

The Wretched
This evening I was greeted with the message "cannot open Airspy device" when I try to use it with SDR#. I have no idea what changed or why. I tried a system restore point but it had no effect.

Are they listed in Add/Remove Programs or Programs & Features off the control panel?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

No drivers to remove, really. I'm guessing your using a version of Windows. At any rate, from time to time my Airspy will simply become unresponsive / undiscoverable. I could just yank the USB cable and insert it back in and make sure it is detected, but I try to be careful and i actually click on the icon to safely remove USB devices, select the Airspy, and then I remove the device when it says it is okay to. Then I wait a few seconds and plug it back and voila.

For my Airspy at least, it isn't crashproof. Something in the Airspy or its driver [happens to me in both Linux and Windows] causes it to become unresponsive -- usually when I'm changing around sample rate / decimation.

Mike

mancow

Database Admin
I should have mentioned it is Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I too can usually fix things by switching ports but not this time. Nothing fixes this and I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

mancow

Database Admin
I found the Airspy in the list of devices and saw that it showed no driver installed. Once I told it to update the driver one was located and it is not operating correctly. I have no idea why this happened.

Yagi23

Maybe the Airpsy has died. If the USB chip within the Aiispy has given up the ghost, then when you plug it in, it will not enumerate and load the driver.

mancow

Database Admin
I was posting from a phone and messed up the last message. It should have said that the Airspy is now operating correctly.

Somehow the driver would not load but forcing it manually did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.