bcd396xt settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjhopper

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
Im new to the scanning corner. I bought a bcd396xt and have downloaded freescan. I've loaded a few channels off of here for local PD and uhp, but the chatter seems to be a little light. Are all of uhp and unified able to be picked up with this scanner or are most of their channels encrypted? I bought this scanner because radio shack was closing one of its stores and it was %50 off, normally $496 so I thought It sounded like a good deal. Would like to be able to optimize the settings on this thing to get the most functionality out of it. Looking for some experienced guidance with this thing! lol
any would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thx,
Merry Christmas
RJ

bbrasmussen

For SL County you'll want to load the UCAN frequencies and talkgroups. I'd probably start by downloading the Salt Lake Simulcast Site and then pick SL county talkgroups you'd be interested in hearing. Lots of chatter to listen to.

I have a 346XT which is the non-digital version of your model. It's a fantastic scanner and is perfect for listening in the area.

teufler

salk lake file

you have the premium membership, you can load via Freescan far faster than using EZGRAB. I've sent you a file that you might try. The Band Plan has been changed as there have been discussions here that digital trunking sounds better on fm vice nbfm. Quick to check it out, save you radio file, than load the file I sent, and with Freescan, file import, you have your RR name and your password, and you can search and build files till the cows come home.

Attachments

• salt lake.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.