• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Icom Password Protected

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I recently purchased an Icom F3161DT off of eBay. The radio finally arrived and come to find out it is password protected. After some basic and minimal searching and reading it sounds like I am SOL unless I can get the password from the buyer (which I have already requested but have yet to hear anything back).

Is all this accurate or is there any other hope?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Maine Radio Shops Password Protected Programming

I recently purchased an Icom radio on eBay that appears to have been used by AAA Towing somewhere in Maine. The radio was sold under the title as a Sales/Demo unit but it has all AAA Towing programming still in the radio. The radio programming is password protected and I cannot read or write the radio without the cloning password. I was wondering if anyone on here might know what radio shop provides Maine AAA with radio programming? Or better yet what the programming/cloning password might be?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I tried taking a file that I already had on file for another F3161 and the software still requests a cloning password...

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have tried some of those more popular/common combos however I will keep trying. I think I might be close to narrowing down the dealer that originally programmed the radio. Hopefully they can help steer me in the right direction...

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I have tried calling and emailing Active Communications Inc. in Maine which was suggested to me as the probably dealer for this radio originally. I have yet to hear back from them. They may not be in the office today. I haven't called Icom directly if that is what you are suggesting.

I took a look at the other thread mentioned and tried the default dealer password of 159357 without success.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Thanks for the information. I have tried contacting them without any success however they may have not been in the office today. I did leave a message and sent an email. Hopefully they are good about getting back to people and can help me out!

SARCruiser

Have you had any luck getting a hold of that password? I have a radio from the same source from that same place in Maine that I'm having the same issues with. Thanks for any info!

SARCruiser

I tried the serial number to no success.

I did get a hold of a nice woman at Active Communications (who originally programmed the radio) and she told me that they use a proprietary company password. They won't give it out, for obvious reasons, but they will wipe the radio for me so the password is removed and I can set it up however I want. Catch is, I have to ship it to them in Maine. Oh well, reasonable resolution.

I thought I'd post it up here since it seems there may be a few of these floating around.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
You should really ask them why they don't return the radios to a default codeplug before they ship them if they are that concerned about security.

Status
Not open for further replies.