Another BCD536HP Issue Again and Again and Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
So I bought a new pair of BOSE QC25 headphones. The top of the line headphones for 300 bucks.

I went to plug them into my BCD536HP radio and the headphones do not work at all.

I plugged them into my BCD996XT radios and I have two of these radios and they work beautifully with no issues. Also, I plugged them into my BCT15X with no issues either.

Once I plug my 20 dollar skull Caddy headphones into my BCD536HP they seem to work okay.

OMG are you still kidding me at this point. People need to keep realizing that this radio is a big TURD.

I am so glad that I am on this Uniden demand letter. The headphone jack issue is still a piece of CRAP on a stick.

A 300 dollar pair of headphones do not work but a 20 dollar pair work fine. I am completely lost for anymore words

Voyager

If one pair work fine and another don't, why are you blaming the scanner? Sounds like you might have a $300 turd there. Are you on the letter to Bose?

wise871

Database Admin
If one pair work fine and another don't, why are you blaming the scanner? Sounds like you might have a $300 turd there. Are you on the letter to Bose?

He said the new headphones work on the other scanners, just not the 536. Sounds like a scanner issue to me.

pepsima1

Banned
He said the new headphones work on the other scanners, just not the 536. Sounds like a scanner issue to me.

Oh and BTW I tried it on two BCD536HP radios. So to clarify its not one bad radio. It's all of them.

I can't wait until Uniden has to answer up to these claims and demand letters. Shame on them again and again.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Maybe your claim will get a settlement like the Vibram shoe claim - 80 90 mil settlement - which would have been 90 per claimant, after fees it's under 10 bucks.

So if yours panned out, and it won't. It could be a 2 buck chuck settlement.

Was not there previous mention regarding noise cancelling headphones - also what ohm are those?

Oh and BTW I tried it on two BCD536HP radios. So to clarify its not one bad radio. It's all of them.

I can't wait until Uniden has to answer up to these claims and demand letters. Shame on them again and again.

pepsima1

Banned
Maybe your claim will get a settlement like the Vibram shoe claim - 80 90 mil settlement - which would have been 90 per claimant, after fees it's under 10 bucks.

So if yours panned out, and it won't. It could be a 2 buck chuck settlement.

Was not there previous mention regarding noise cancelling headphones - also what ohm are those?

Well it looks like we have another TROLL again today.

Lets make this really clear I am not looking for any settlement for any personal gain. I think I can speak for the rest too on this claim.

Its not about money, its about holding Uniden accountable for mis leading people that bought this radio.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP

I have three BCD536HP's, $200.00 Sony headphones, and all work as they should with the headphones. It may be a radio problem.

pepsima1

Banned
So I just tested a second pair of BOSE QC25 headphones and the same issues with both BCD536HP radios. It's a lot of white noise and that's it. Both QC25 headphones work perfect on the BCD996XT radios and the BCT15X. Even the Whistler WS-1065 has no issues either.

I do say that the BCT15X and the BCD996XT sound the best. 100 percent right on the money.

Go Figure. I think us RR members need to be the real beta testers at this point. I would test that radio inside and out to figure out where there needs to be some work done.

pepsima1

Banned
I see that UPman said that they noice cancelling headphones won't work

Noise-canceling headphones (most) are not going to work before or after the fix. Circuit is designed for 32 Ohms, nominal. NC Headphones you are using are probably 100 kOhms or more.

My Question is why? This is a flagship top of the line scanner and the other models that are way older work just fine

Ops a design flaw. These older scanners like the BCT15X and BCD996XT radios were built almost before noise cancelling headpones and they work like a charm. Interesting though.

Voyager

Interesting since those scanners all have the same specs.

Good luck trying to get anywhere when using incompatible headsets and saying it's Uniden's fault that you are using them. Somehow, I don't think even the sleaziest attorney will take that one on.

I still think you should go after Bose. After all, for $300 you would think Bose should have included an impedance switch that will accommodate a standard 32 ohm input. Where is the website for that letter?

XTS3000

All of these probelms iwth 536. Maybe I will get an HP-2 as a base station instead.

I would say your correct in going with the HP-2, but I can NOT even recommend the HP-2 either because it doesn't contain a true narrowband filter. Darn near everything is narrowband now.

I have put $5-$200 headphones on the HP-1 (4 different sets) and no funky issues.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
So you use a headphone with an impedance not recommended by the manufacturer, and it doesn't work.

Imagine that.

Also, if you pound on your thumb with a hammer, it will hurt like crap, in direct proportion to the number and force of the blows.

stingray327

I would say your correct in going with the HP-2, but I can NOT even recommend the HP-2 either because it doesn't contain a true narrowband filter. Darn near everything is narrowband now.

I have put $5-$200 headphones on the HP-1 (4 different sets) and no funky issues.

So what other problems are there with the 536? A screen that washes out, ear plug piece, audio speaker sound, No wi fi application anything else?

What does the narrow bandfilter do? the 436 and 536 must have it so Iam wondering what is the difference with theHP-2 not having one performancewise.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Also, if you pound on your thumb with a hammer, it will hurt like crap, in direct proportion to the number and force of the blows.

This is a relevant statement. Eventually, you will either amputate the thumb or do enough damage to the nerves that they stop working in the thumb. In either case, the above mention of direct proportion goes right out the window. Will you feel pain adjacent, yes, but there comes a point where the thumb itself will no longer feel the pain. Kind of like the brain and posting to RR for many.

Voyager

But then you have a case against the manufacturer of the hammer... :D

Don't laugh - I'm sure some have successfully sued based on that. Look at how they are blaming the gun manufacturers for shootings these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.