BCD396XT help in Swanton

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1DGA

I'm in Swanton & now programing a BCD396XT as upgrade from my 50 ch Bearcate hand held. Done Quick inputs, but still working on 800Mhz trunked systems for GC! Need LTR ID ( assume 0?), Home repeater number & User ID?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've moved your post to its own thread since it had nothing to do with the thread you posted to.

Hopefully you'll get some responses to your question.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You need to know none of that.

Let's start from the beginning - this article from our wiki (links are always blue, by the way) has links to everything you need to know to use these DMA based scanners, including starter articles on trunking...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Swanton, I see, is in Garrett County. I'm assuming this is the system you are trying to copy...

Garrett County Government Trunking System, Oakland, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

We have only a little information on this, but it seems that there are 4 sites, with only a few freqs. You must program these in exactly the order of channel number (called the LCN - see the number to the left of the frequencies?) for trunking to work properly.

Start by reading over the various links in the above article, and obtaining a USB cable. Download FreeScan (as linked in the above article), and you'll be ready to start.

Once that's done, other users can send you file(s) to get you over the hump

Mike

teufler

Swanton md file

MIKE LAID OUT STUFF GOOD, AS USUAL. When I started with the 396xt, he was my Carnac the magnificent. He had all the answers. With that, here is a file for Garett Cty md.

Attachments

• Garrett cty md.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 70

W1DGA

Thanks Mike. I already had most everything except what I realy need, the pre freq numbers! Hi. I'm from Bowie also, but live 3 hrs at 70 MPH West at Deep Creek Lake now! I'm doing all in Quick install to start off as I only need 50-100 frequencies!
Dick W1DGA

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yeah there really isn't a lot to hear in Garrett - unless the Prez is in town - then you get to listen to the Guard Dog flights as they overfly the area around Camp David. Right now I believe he's in Hawaii...must be nice.

Enjoy your holiday...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.