Couple of Newbie Questions (Sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidTNScanDude

I think this is TN enough to be in the TN Forum...

Ok, one of the PD's and EMS have "Gone Digital" so I bought what seemed to be the biggest baddest digital scanner. (BCD536HP) got it today and quickly realized I was suppose to have a couple years of college devoted to operating it. I have figured Enough out I believe, and most of that was even with the investment I made... There are different flavors of Digital and at least some of the reason I bought it appears to be DMR and the scanner is useless for it.

Now for the main question. EMS "Went Digital" about a year ago... Granted most everything I am reading is very confusing, but the database does not seem to reflect that it is digital ? If I don't "Avoid" the frequencies it stops on them and sounds like a fog horn. How can I find out if it's another system I can't monitor ? Hardin County 38372

MidTNScanDude

I got it figured out, Everything in the county is DMR. At least when Dist8 THP gets on the TACN this scanner will work for that.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
Hardin County Sheriff is still simulcasting their traffic on their old analog frequency of 460.375 for now. Also, Savannah PD is still operating analog on 453.850. Hardin Co FD is still analog on 154.355. The county EMS is however using VHF Mototrbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.