What does " {**} Site " mean on MOSWIN sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

retiredmich

What is the definition of this with 2 stares ? ( Branson {**} Site Details )

R

retiredmich

Thanks for the reply's to my question. I'm in KS & the reason I asked that question is I have not seen that kind of marking be for & did not know what the markings stood for.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Moved to the Missouri forum and a bump for a regional answer. The General Scanning forum is not the place for such vague questions.

talkpair

The double stars appeared when the state sent through several applications for termination of licenses.

At first glance, it appeared as if they were simply not going to use the frequencies on the license.

This wasn't the case. The frequencies that were on the terminated licenses were consolidated onto another license or call sign that already existed. Some sites had as many as 4 call signs.

If you click on the call signs for one of these sites, you'll probably see TERMINATED on all but one of them.

At the time this happened, it wasn't clear what they were trying to accomplish, so I think the database admin put the double stars on these sites to keep an eye on them.

Now that the dust has settled, those terminated licenses can be removed from the database entry and the double stars removed.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin

Yes, for a long time it was just a mess trying to figure everything out..... and myself keeping track of MOSWIN, SLATER, St Louis City, STARCOM21, in addition to Peoria IL coming online. Also all the other P25s in MO and the STARRS system.

It just gets confusing, and try not to forget some stuff.

If anyone has time to go through each site and check out the licenses to see if they are still active. Send in a submission if no longer active.

Some sites my have applications with 0005xxxxxx or 006xxxxxxx numbers, meaning they probably need the FCC Call sign added.

Anything anyone has questions on, suggestions, etc.... please discuss and or let me know personally.

Thanks
Terry

starcom21@radioreference.com

Status
Not open for further replies.