unused state freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Living on the state line has it's drawbacks. What is analog here, is possibly p25 over in NH. So, I get the both of best worlds, or not so best. Once in a while I will listen to a few freq's and get a p25 signal on what should be analog. But, last night I got a --hit--.. 154.770, pl--192.8. Very faint. Heard it again a few minutes ago. It is registerred to a few towns, and state.. Anyone EVER hear anything on it?
Site / Frequency / Market Search Results

mainetrunk

Good possibility. I heard they were going to do something like that. As it stands now, when the Warden want's to chat with the PD, he comes onto our freq. I have heard York talk to Kittery on their channel, and it is a good signal. They should put a repeater on Aggie, with that freq for the towns that surround the mountain. But, some people go with teletypes. Remember; just because you don't see the work, doesn't mean it's not being done. With maine growing, more things happen, thus need of communication. I suggestwe keep our ears open on that 1, and what ever else we presume in dead. Like 155.535-192.8.. Which came back to life a couple of years ago. 1 of my side freqs went dead, might be replaced. By what freq? 15x.xxx.. Maybe lo-vhf. All the cars I see have vhf antenna's.. Hmmmm

Maine45

154.7700 192.8PL is the input for the soon-to-be-terminated Region 1 Net. The MSCOMMNET RegionNets will be replacing the old Region Net system in the next few months.

mainetrunk

My apologies. I was focussed on the fact that it is licensed to York fire. It appears to be the input to their tac. If the pl's on repeaters were the same for tx/rx, it would be easier to centralize the user. Prime example; State Pd, 192.8-tx--csq rx.. O.K, 45- thank you

mainetrunk

I am getting many hits on that freq now-154.770-pl-192.8. The rx-155.580 has a pl of 94.8. . Said something about picking up someones trash, possibly Rangely, or Ogunquit,,need more chat

mainetrunk

Now there is an entity on 155.580 - csq. Sounds like some kind of transport. They were just by Mcdonalds in Kennebunk. I think the old -net- freqs are being given to other entities. I recomend scanning the freqs that are old state freqs, I am...

mainetrunk

154.770-pl-192.8 appears to be the input to something. I've heard it lots of times, but a bad signal.. 45 minutes ago, with a snubby 1 inch antenna on the uniden 396XT, someone said '' vaughan woods, one, two, zero, zero.'' That was 5 bars-just laying on the bed. So, I ran down there and saw nothing or noone with a vhf antenna.. Question-
Who would go to a state park that is closed at this time of year?
Maybe he was saying the time he would be there at 12:00.
Why would someone say the numbers like that? one---two---zero---zero, instead of -noon-, 12 o'clock, or even lunch time.

mainetrunk

I just got back from checking the park.. I seen 3 truck's in a driveway that said '' authorized vehicles only'' .. The meeting shack for park service's.. Only 1 of the trucks had a vhf antenna on it. So, I'm guessing park and forestry service now use that freq

Maine45

154.7700 w/192.8 PL appears to be asociated with SMRC, the Maine Dept of Corrections Southern Maine Re-enty Center in Alfred. Most of the traffic involves transportation of their clients to various places of employment. They have used this frequency for several years. There is no specific license for it being used there, but they are likely covered under one of the state's licenses for this frequency. The primary use of this frequency has been as the input to the old Region 1 Net on 155.5800.

It appears that someone assigned them this frequency without being aware that it had another use.The SMRC users may not even be aware that their traffic is being repeated! This likely came about during a period of time when the Region 1 Net was off the air which was the case for a long time around 2009/2010. During narrow banding, I believe the Region 1 repeater was replaced with a nb-capable one as there was a plan to have area fire departments use it to coordinate their reposne on to the Maine Turnpike with the state police over it. When the new repeater was installed, it was programmed to transmit CSQ (no PL); whereas most potential users programmed it with a 192.8 pl as Region 1 always had been. As a result, attempts to use it relating to turnpike response did not go well and that type of traffic now occurs on the Pike frequency 151.0700.

As a DOC agency, it seems likely that SMRC will wind up with a talk group on MSCOMMNET, so the present traffic and all the speculation about it will likely go away soon.

ejackson046

Feed Provider
That clears up a question we had here in Biddeford as well. We had a scanner programmed in our radio room that was to pick up agencies around us and it seems it was not programmed correctly.... We were hearing SMRC all the time doing their transports. It seems that the programmer thought the turnpike still operated that way for fire apparatus.

On another note the One Two Zero Zero you are hearing is possibly the mileage they are giving. I noticed they gave mileage every time they start and stop.

Maine45

I suppose the turnpike response plan may change yet again, depending on how SP chooses to handle communications with the Pike units once MSCOMMNET is fully implemented. The new RegionNets would seem to be an option for this or perhaps everyone staying on the Pike Ops channel makes more sense.

mainetrunk

Thaks guys, it makes sense--the one, two, zero, zero.. That's the way they do gas reports alrighty. Excellent, wonderful, awesome. NOW, the repeater freq. I have 155.580--192.8 in the scanner with the most annoying alarm it has.. All those hours I spent at that park this past summer scanning the gmrs/murs freqs, and got nothing. Not to say, they wouldn't use 1 for ( path clearing ops )..

Last edited:

mainetrunk

They are back in my neighborhood. Only, this time I had a scanner tuned to 155.580. No response. Just the guy checking his milage on 154.770--192.8...
Hmmmm, gotta be another freq for the repeater side, or 1 heck of a simplex-which I doubt..

ejackson046

Feed Provider
I suppose the turnpike response plan may change yet again, depending on how SP chooses to handle communications with the Pike units once MSCOMMNET is fully implemented. The new RegionNets would seem to be an option for this or perhaps everyone staying on the Pike Ops channel makes more sense.

They will be staying on the pike channel from what I was told over last summer. It is one of the reason why there is so much of a delay on the MSCOMMNET. They could not figure out how to have the scanner scan digital and analog at the same time. Troopers said they would have to turn the radio on and off to switch which mode they were in. So I'm thinking they have the figured out now....

mainetrunk

OK, we're getting somewhere. Thank you both. But- the question still has the 2nd part--what is the repeater freq? You think they are using Mt. Aggementicus? Or would they shoot for Waterboro?

Status
Not open for further replies.