Scanner software

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3NMJ

Premium Subscriber
I just tried to open the software but tells me my free has expired. I paid the subscription and have been a member for a couple weeks now. It's asking me for "keys" to register,where do I get them?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I just tried to open the software but tells me my free has expired. I paid the subscription and have been a member for a couple weeks now. It's asking me for "keys" to register,where do I get them?

First of all, what software are you speaking of?

What scanner are you trying to program?

What subscription did you pay for? The software.... or the premium membership here on RR?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The programming software for my 2096.

The Radio Shack PRO-2096? If so, what software are you using to program it with?

ARC96 from Butel software, or Win96 from Starrsoft?

Paid for RR,thought that was the same thing.
The premium membership fees on RR are not the same thing as the licensing fees for the software, they are 2 separate things..

N3NMJ

Premium Subscriber
Butel. I can't get anything to open on the Butel start page except the database sheet. When I click on help and then buy software nothing happens.

Last edited:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This is an apples and pears situation.

One pays/subscribes to RR to obtain downloads/reports from the RR database. In addition to this, a RR subscriber may use his/her scanner programming software to access the RR database to download the "stuff" to program his/her scanner.

Butel is a provider of such programming software. Butel's software has a price, but there is a "try before you buy" opportunity. You apparently downloaded a trial version of Butel's software and the trial period has expired.

If you wish to continue using the Butel software, then you need to purchase it from Butel (link below) or from a place such as Scannermaster (link below too).

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...737ba21b08198d8562aa8a3da7ac30bbfba73b3e80dcc

ARC96 (PRO96/2096) Software for Police Scanner Radios | ScannerMaster.com

Should you make the purchase, the software keys will be e-mailed to you. These keys would be entered in the Help>Register part of the Butel software. Sometimes when these software keys are e-mailed, they wind up in the junk e-mail folder. So if your keyss do not show up in a day or two, you might check that folder. (Also, do not lose those keys - the software is updated from time to time and if you download the free update(s), you'll need to re-enter the keys).

N3NMJ

Premium Subscriber
OK,next question. If I download it on one computer can I put the same keys in on another computer and still use it? Thanx so far for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.