Help with EZ scan programming for ws 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

baptistjcat

Im having the hardest time with trying to program the local PD in my area. This is a new P25 system
I now have the EZ scan soft ware but still no luck at receving a signal. Could some one give me a the basic steps that I need to follow so I can figure out what I'm missing. This would be greatly appreciated.

baptistjcat

I did go though this section but I must have did something incorrectly. I will be trying later today .

troymail

Silent Key
Your comment that it is a new P25 system makes me curious. Can you advise what the system is you are having problems with? Have your updated the EZ Scan library? Also, have you loaded any other systems successfully?

baptistjcat

This is a project 25 phase 2 system for Santa Clara city ca ( Silicon Valley regional communications) and I have updated the library . I have tried to set it from the browse library from the sd card and from the ez scan but still no signal. I have been successful on conventional analog systems . Also I have tried the scanner on set locations for my area and it did stop on Silicon Valley regional for a second heard some signal but it seems the scanner can not hold the signal .could this be some thing Wrong with the radio itself ? I have done firmware updates.

Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
WS 1080

Did you try programming it by zip code or county and see what results you get? You may get things you don't want, but you can delete them in EZscan after you confirm it is working.

troymail

Silent Key
This is a project 25 phase 2 system for Santa Clara city ca ( Silicon Valley regional communications) and I have updated the library . I have tried to set it from the browse library from the sd card and from the ez scan but still no signal. I have been successful on conventional analog systems .

Ok - and just to confirm - are you located in the area the system is supposed to cover? These new systems are hard to receive even while inside the coverage area - even harder outside the intended area. There are a couple of things you can try to rule this out as the problem - primary go towards/near one of the transmitter sites. Another option involves a bit more custom program such that you have different scanlists that have only one of the control channel frequencies programmed in each.

Another thing to try - HOLD on a single talkgroup on the system and move/walk the radio around. Watch the screen and see if the "T" appears on the top of the display - even for a second or less. Sometimes you can receive these type of systems in one place at your location and nothing at all a few inches or feet away.

Also - not likely to be the problem but the database is only showing a primary and 3 alternate control channel frequencies. The license says there are 12 total frequencies. This would only be something to consider if the system is currently using one of the non-listed frequencies as the control channel. It's a possibility but a small one.

If you haven't already, you may want to ask for help in the California forum seeking someone else in your area who can confirm all is well.

baptistjcat

This is for jaspence . I have used the set location by putting in my zip code and it stops on the system for a second and that's it and that has only happened a few times it seems that it can not hold on to the frequency .

baptistjcat

Thanks Troymail for your advice . First of all I adjusted the DSP found in the sittings . Then I followed what you told me about moving around. It took me a long time but finally I found a spot in my house were I can get and hold on to a signal. And conveniently it's on my couch. I'm surprised on how sensitive the p25 system is. Because If I move it just a little I will lose the signal. Maybe I'll mark little x's around were I get my signals ,don't know if the misses would like that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.