WSP District 1 - Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpm3

I have perused the WSP/DOT trunked system thread (above) and don't find any clear answer to where the WSP Tacoma transmissions are taking place. I've programmed the VHF frequency (155.520 / D10 NAC) into my WS1080 and don't seem to get any traffic whatsoever. I do note a fair amount of traffic on the South King VHF channel (154.680 D20 NAC) so I know the radio will copy the transmissions - if there are any. Is anyone else getting WSP Tacoma on the VHF channel or have I mis-read the database and/or the trunked system thread?

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
You may have better luck if you disregard what the database says and search on your own. I'm listening to Tacoma East and West as I type, loud and clear. Not P25, and not on the IWN system (700mhz or VHF trunked).

Last edited:

Stavro35

Please share

You may have better luck if you disregard what the database says and search on your own. I'm listening to Tacoma East and West as I type, loud and clear. Not P25, and not on the IWN system (700mhz or VHF trunked).

What information do you have to share with us in this thread please sir?!

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
What information do you have to share with us in this thread please sir?!

Steve, nice to talk to you. Every few months I get to indoctrinate a new group of young, fresh-faced trainees. I do my best to encourage critical thinking among them, to get them to think outside of the box, and to make them use all available (and sometimes very limited) information given to make quick, sound and defensible decisions.

Above, I stated one could hear WSP Tacoma in a mode that was not:

1- P25 digital; and

2- not trunked.

If they're not audible in digital mode, and not on a trunking system, what does that leave available?

Disclaimer- I'm not trying to be purposefully obtuse, merely pointing out the fallacy of believing everything one reads without verifying said information for oneself. Several years ago, someone registered on that other Washington-centric scanner forum (that's not allowed to be named here) and posted a single entry which read, in it's entirety, "Give me all freq for all kounty". I see this becoming the new norm amongst the internet generation, where people want everything they can get with no contributions flowing the opposite way, and I rail against it daily.

Best, Will.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Will is correct, just leave it in auto detect if and when any changes are made, then you'll know. They may have changed the gain of the remote base but it sounds the same on the same freq for 35 or so years, give or take those 2 weeks in 2012. I'm not sure why NAC's are currently listed as fact ahead of any changes. I receive Dist 1 area freqs in analog just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.