• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS 5000 Programming Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQOC472

Hello all,

First off, I know i am not able to ask for CPS on this forum, and I am NOT. I am all about legally purchasing software.

I got a UHF XTS 5000 with FPP for Christmas (I've had an XTS 3000 for a long time) It has been initially programmed by the seller with the 50 conventional channels, I know the radio has FPP but i want to be able to program the radio beyond the scope of what FPP can do. I do have an OEM programming cable.

Can someone tell me the process of legally obtaining the Programming software for the XTS5000. What does it cost, where do i get it, ect.

Thank you for the help.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Create an account at the Moto site listed above.
Once you have an account:
Then search for RVN4181AW. That is the Latest portable CPS (20.01.00) for the XTS 5000.
It will cost in the neighborhood of $265.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
XTS/XTL Combo is part #RVN4186AX (SOFTWARE,CPS R20.01.00 ASTRO 25 XTS/XTL) which is $375.00. For just XTS, part #RVN4181AW (SOFTWARE,CPS R20.01.00 ASTRO XTS 25 PORTABLE) which is $265.00

Please note that the part numbers and version numbers are current as of this posting but the latest one can be searched (once you have account access) by removing the last two letters from the part number.

WQOC472

I would assume the software is a download after purchase? Or do you get a CD?

Also is that $265.00 a one time cost?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I would assume the software is a download after purchase? Or do you get a CD?

Also is that $265.00 a one time cost?
First time purchase usually gets a CD, but you will want to make sure when you order. It will also be available for immediate download. It's a three year subscription.

After that, it's up to you to check MOL every once in a while for new releases. If there is one, it's an instant download. I check at least once a month. I also monitor several Motorola forums besides this one. Someone usually posts new update release notices on them right after they come out.

WQOC472

Thanks everyone. I set-up the account, i am waiting on motorola to contact me. Is that a pretty quick process?

cmdrwill

Thanks everyone. I set-up the account, i am waiting on motorola to contact me. Is that a pretty quick process?

Aha, they take their time. You may have to call them after the holidays, they are probably 'out to lunch'.

SCPD

QRT

Probably Monday. They are on holiday kick back time. Usually it takes 2 to 3 business days for contact. Depending on other requests they are serving. If your lucky it's 1 business day.

SCPD

QRT
Just for thought to mention be sure to check for firmware updates etc and download them. Keep them saved and put away. In event you want to do firmware updates in future you'll have it. They always have the latest though but some like to stick to specific firmware. Being eol I doubt they'll go any higher then the 20.00.01 or 20.01.00.

WQOC472

My radio has the newest firmware (as of 12/22/2014) but i will check into that when i get my account.

WQOC472

Hello all,

I was granted access to the MOL site today. I logged in and searched for "RVN4181AW" and it keeps coming back as not found.

I went to:
Resource Center > Software Support and accepted the usage agreement for Software Licensing.

Am i missing something?

Thanks again...

WQOC472

I take that back...

I searched for "RVN4181" instead of "RVN4181AW".

Now it is coming back as "Item has been cancelled" (It is also showing RVN4181GR as the only search result).

Can anyone help me find the right one?

Thanks again, and sorry for the confusion.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
You'll more than likely have to call support at 1-800-814-0601. There's probably something else they'll have to enable for you. Great, isn't it?!

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Currency : US

1. Item Number. RVN4181AW

SOFTWARE,CPS R20.01.00 ASTRO XTS 25 PORTABLE
Unit of Measure: 1 EA
Lead time (days) Available Your price Quantity Add to Cart
3 Y 265.00

RVN4181AW is the most current. If you searched for RVN4181, then you have to hit the NEXT button at the bottom of the search page to get to the second page. There, you will find RVN4181AW for sale.

Also, even if you add one of the older versions to your cart, the most recent will be added.

The MOL search engine is absolutely horrible and whoever designed it should be fired on the spot.

WQOC472

I just logged in and tried searching it again. I keep getting: "RVN4181GR This item has been cancelled"

also i am not seeing any "NEXT" button anywhere. All i have is "ADD TO ORDER PAD, NEW SEARCH, ADD TO CART"

If i press add to cart it pops up a screen and it says: "Please add at least one item to continue"

RadioSquad

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just logged in and tried searching it again. I keep getting: "RVN4181GR This item has been cancelled"

also i am not seeing any "NEXT" button anywhere. All i have is "ADD TO ORDER PAD, NEW SEARCH, ADD TO CART"

If i press add to cart it pops up a screen and it says: "Please add at least one item to continue"

I sent you a P/M on how to fix your Motorola Online issue.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
RadioSquad, perhaps you could share the answer with the rest of us?

When searching MOL, it's best to leave of the minor revision part of the part number.

Search for RVN4181 and you should see all the cancelled items as well as the current item.

com501

I sent you a P/M on how to fix your Motorola Online issue.

Yes, as Mike said, please share your answer with the rest of the Forum. Sending things in PM doesn't help anyone. There are more than likely several others who need an answer to this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.