Mountain R.E.A.C.T. - Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Weaverville, Nc. Now has a ham repeater setup and running. The repeater is Mainly used for React operation and Skywarn. 442.275MHz Pl: 141.3. Mountain React is also looking for new members. If intrested in joining contact by E-mail: kc0vgj@gmx.com.

There also a GMRS Repeater system 462.675MHz. Pl. 141.3. This system mainly stay off unless there are bad weather or a operation going on in the town of weaverville.

Sincere congratulations on the new amateur 440 repeater up and running...no easy task ! Well done....

Just so sad to hear of R.E.A.C.T. on ham radio...lawdy....10-4 Good Buddy ! Another sign of the End Times... :-(

To quote Ben Franklin, "If you lie down with dogs, you're gonna get up with fleas."

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
We will be monitoring 24/7 in Feb on 442.276MHz, C.B.9/19, 462.675Mhz.

Services Soon to Be Provided Feb 2015:
Motor Assist
Skywarn
Communication
Traffic Control
Parking Patrol
N.H.W.

kf4pep

We will be monitoring 24/7 in Feb on 442.276MHz, C.B.9/19, 462.675Mhz.

Services Soon to Be Provided Feb 2015:
Motor Assist
Skywarn
Communication
Traffic Control
Parking Patrol
N.H.W.

I really hope you guys have your ducks in a row and are appointed properly as traffic control officers under NC law- and that requires you be insured before you can be appointed. See NCGS20-114.1. If not not only would you not be legal to do traffic control but you can be held liable for any accidents that happen when you are doing so.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
yes React is insured. we have lawers that keep us in fourm of all laws old and new. Mountain react was tri-county React we been here for over 40 years. We mainly did traffic control and parking lot, along with Families in Need program. Now We have more members and the town we' er based in has a need for us to do more with there public safety. We have our NIMS, CERT, Traffic, Haz-Mat, training certificates

Last edited:

kf4pep

yes React is insured. we have lawers that keep us in fourm of all laws old and new. Mountain react was tri-county React we been here for over 40 years. We mainly did traffic control and parking lot, along with Families in Need program. Now We have more members and the town we' er based in has a need for us to do more with there public safety. We have our NIMS, CERT, Traffic, Haz-Mat, training certificates

I don't think you are grasping the law here.

NC requires that anyone doing traffic control be appointed IN WRITING by the chief of police or sheriff covering thier jurisdiction. That can only be done if you have the proper insurnace in place and have also had a minimum 3 hour class on traffic control from a certified LEO.

If your and your people are not appointed in writing the the sheriff of police chief, you have absolutely no business doing any form of traffic control.

Drafin

I'm sure that somewhere, someone was charged in this fashion with an infraction to 114.1. Personally, I never saw, charged or heard tell of anyone charged with 114.1 (as it pertains to this discussion) in over a decade of law enforcement.

It would also be interesting to know if this pertains only on a street or highway or if you could actually charge this on private property or in a P.V.A..

But either way, I salute kc0vgj and his people for actually getting out there and doing something for the community. Most people don't have that kind of initiative or sense of community.

Draf

Last edited:

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
Ok let me clear this up. We work closly with emergency mangament & Buncombe county and State. Yes we have the Traffice control Training to direct traffic. the same training you need to work road condtruction. Also we been doing this for 40+ Years. We got our I's Dotted, Q's Marked, and T's Crossed. That what Lawyers are payed for.

kf4pep

I'm sure that somewhere, someone was charged in this fashion with an infraction to 114.1. Personally, I never saw, charged or heard tell of anyone charged with 114.1 (as it pertains to this discussion) in over a decade of law enforcement.

It would also be interesting to know if this pertains only on a street or highway or if you could actually charge this on private property or in a P.V.A..

But either way, I salute kc0vgj and his people for actually getting out there and doing something for the community. Most people don't have that kind of initiative or sense of community.

Draf

I am sure nobody is bothering to arrest anyone.

But I have seen in NC someone get sued because they were directing traffic, they lost because they were not on record as having been appointed properly,and it put the person and their employer into bankruptcy.

Last thing we need is people that are trying to help ending up on the wrong end of lawsuits and judgements.

wncrescue

Premium Subscriber
this is a course offered by state emergency management. Its a new offering. Look for it on the NCEM training calendar.
National Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Responder Training (NC-TIM)
Description
The National TIM Responder Training Program was developed by experienced responders for new responders. This new training program, being rolled out Nationwide, is designed to establish and promote consistent training for all EMS, fire, police, tow operators, and transportation responders who work together to manage traffic incidents. The North Carolina Specific material was added for shared understanding of the requirements of North Carolina laws and regulations as it pertains to safe and quick clearance of traffic incident scenes, prompt, reliable and open communication, and motorist and responder safeguards.

Status
Not open for further replies.