Pro-651 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamble

Hi, my wife just bought me a 651 for Christmas. I just picked up cable today so I could connect it to my PC. But it comes up with it being an unrecognized device. I downloaded what I had thought were current drivers for it. Does anyone have a link for some windows 8 drivers?

I bought ARC500 software for it, so I am just trying to get it to connect.

Thanks.

N1BHH

Hi, my wife just bought me a 651 for Christmas. I just picked up cable today so I could connect it to my PC. But it comes up with it being an unrecognized device. I downloaded what I had thought were current drivers for it. Does anyone have a link for some windows 8 drivers?

I bought ARC500 software for it, so I am just trying to get it to connect.

Thanks.

What cable did you purchase, what is the part number?

Most USB cables when inserted will be recognized in Windows and ask you if you want to find the proper drivers, Let Windows find them. When I bought my laptop I just plugged in the old Radio Shack cable and it searched for and installed the drivers. Make sure have at least .NET Compact Framework 3.5 installed, just do an online search, you can do the same for the drivers, too.

Zamble

Thanks for the replies, but it still does not recognize the scanner. I did not realize it had to be a specific cable. I am using one meant for the iPod nano. I have searched but could not find the Radio Shack USB cable part #:22-551123 .

Does anyone have a lead on one?

gkar2000

20-546 is the correct cable. I bought one with my PRO-651 and got a $10 discount. Works fine.

jfhtm350

Thanks for the replies, but it still does not recognize the scanner. I did not realize it had to be a specific cable. I am using one meant for the iPod nano. I have searched but could not find the Radio Shack USB cable part #:22-551123 .

Does anyone have a lead on one?

The computer does not recognize the scanner. It recognizes the cable. It is a usb to serial cable. You dont have to hook up your scanner to the cable for windows to recognize it. Just dont let the end short out on something.

The pro-197/106 uses the same programming cable as the pro-163/164 and should work with yours. Im using radioshack part#20-546 with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.