New Farmington area fire freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Any word on whether it's up and running yet and it's use?

I believe I heard them dispatched to an incident a couple days ago on the Farmington Fire (regional) 154.370 frequency.

mainetrunk

Unless they made small lo-vhf antenna's, lol.. I'd go antenna spotting. You can tell alot from the length. My favorite is UHF, small, and not too much company. Although I do see long vhf antenna's on a few cruisers. The next time I am near Frisbee hospital, I will see what is on the ambulances from that area. Hmmm, you got a good question, and I am putting them in, now.. It's snowing, and you know theres always a crash. Time to see if they do use them, thanks for the idea.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Unless they made small lo-vhf antenna's, lol.. I'd go antenna spotting. You can tell alot from the length. My favorite is UHF, small, and not too much company. Although I do see long vhf antenna's on a few cruisers. The next time I am near Frisbee hospital, I will see what is on the ambulances from that area. Hmmm, you got a good question, and I am putting them in, now.. It's snowing, and you know theres always a crash. Time to see if they do use them, thanks for the idea.

There are many different styles of antennas now for all bands. One style, common to Low-Band for years, closely resembles a 5/8 High-Band antenna. The base length is the key.

mainetrunk

Well, I got the freqs in, nothing last night. I'll be watching. I'll actually be in a hospital Wednesday, will watch what comes and goes. Maybe bring a camera, binoc's, hmmm.

Schristenbury

New Durham proposed fire repeater

While New Durham continues to pursue a new repeater pair for their a department's use, they are still being dispatched by Strafford County on the Farmington Fire repeater. Their is no infrastructure in place at the current time on that proposed frequency pair, so you will not capture any activity.

When/if the license is completed and the system is going to be activated as proposed, I will give everyone a head's up in this thread.

Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.