Sentinal Database Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormy182

Premium Subscriber
When does Uniden update the database. . My last update was 12/23/14 and it still says my database is current.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The RR servers were down Sunday which is when the updates are processed. This may have effected the update, but nothing official from RR as yet.

The 12/23/14 update was late as well.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ah, I hadn't determined whether something happened on our end or RR's end. Now I know.

I triggered another pull today, so a new version should be available tomorrow.

Voyager

UPMan said there must be an issue with it in another thread. He said that today.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When does Uniden update the database. . My last update was 12/23/14 and it still says my database is current.

When things are working as everyone hopes they are, updates are usually done on Sundays. I think there is an automatic process at Uniden to do this.

But, as you've seen from the posts, every now and then something goes haywire. When this is brought to Upman's attention, he will force a manual update at his first opportunity.

phillyred79

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my forum searches didn't give me any direction. Is there a direct link to the updated database file so I can just manually load it on to my SD card? Thanks!

troymail

Silent Key
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my forum searches didn't give me any direction. Is there a direct link to the updated database file so I can just manually load it on to my SD card? Thanks!

Not that I know of - you have to pull it via Sentinel.

Other than that, you'd have to copy it from some other source that already downloaded it using Sentinel

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It is a couple of step process which is easy.

First in Sentinel go to Update>Update Master HPDB.

Then connect your scanner to your computer, selecting Mass Storage. Next do a Write to Scanner, checking the Force Write Full Database box.

Voyager

You shouldn't even have to use the force option if the Sentinel dB is newer than the scanner's dB.

Status
Not open for further replies.