Radio Shack Pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Good morning all..
I was requested to program the 197 for a former Sheriff's Deputy the other day. I did everything as it should have been and turned it on. Recieved full bars, but no "T".. We tried driving around for awhile [just mainly to make him happy, and let him keep his hope] with no luck. I then took it home, and loaded the exact same programming into it as I've got in my Pro-106. Turned it on, recieced full bars, and still no "T"... I had them side-by-side and my portable was picking up like crazy, while the 197 had nothing.. I've never had this happen before.. I asked him just how long he's had it, and his reply was about a year and a half.

Just curious if anyone else had the same issue.. Thanks- happy new year! :)

jfhtm350

Dont use GRE or Whistler's firmware for the Radio Shack models. What you need is the link in my signature. I suppose if both radios have different firmware then that may have something to do with it. You should also tune them both to the same weather channel and compare them.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Last edited:

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Dont use GRE or Whistler's firmware for the Radio Shack models. What you need is the link in my signature. I suppose if both radios have different firmware then that may have something to do with it. You should also tune them both to the same weather channel and compare them.

Thanks!

mainetrunk

Excuse my ignence, but did you say a conventional system, or trunked?
If you are referring to a trunked, hit TUNE on the control channel freq. If it reads it as a trunked system it can scan, push save, then MAN. If anyones talking, the talkgroup will pop up, and you can store it.
I dont use the computer stuff, I -tune- in and edit after storing it..
That is what T is for. On mine anyway

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
If you are referring to a trunked, hit TUNE on the control channel freq. If it reads it as a trunked system it can scan, push save, then MAN. If anyones talking, the talkgroup will pop up, and you can store it.

It's a Trunked System..

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That is what T is for. On mine anyway

Ignence (?) is excused. On a Gre, or 197 which the op has "T" indicates a trunking signal.
This is the case whether you use software or the keypad. ;)

n9zas

mainetrunk

True sir, Like I say; I love to --tune -- in. There is always a possibility of a re-band and files not updated. In any state. I love seeing the T,,,,A,,,S and 5 bars beside it. The second it does not, I --tune--.. Sorry, this is about the T.
No T, no trunking signal
hit --tune--

Status
Not open for further replies.