Official 2015 MSWIN TG ID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Is any one receiving Ms. county Lincoln SO on mswin 25? I can not receive it with a homepatrol 1 radio or radio shack pro 106. tried 2 different hp1 radios. any help would be appreciated .this was posted in 2014 but no responces. thanks once again.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
lincoln co Mississippi

Lincoln County (43) Sheriffs Department Talk group is 34965 NOT 34695. That is why I could not hear it. My son heard a station that identified as unknown and he said THAT is the dispatcher for Lincoln S O and after listening further they identified as Lincoln S O. Mystery solved.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Crystal springs police department in Copiah county Ms is talking on win 25 as talk group 42060. Still trying to pin down ASAP ambulance and Hardy Wilson hospital. Any one else listing??

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Also keep your ears open for Crystal Springs FD/VFD's, Copiah County Schools.

Sheriff08

Feed Provider
TG 55312

I have yet to hear these guys say anything to identify their location or anything. Sounds like a group of friends ragchewing about everything and anything every morning at 6:30, real annoying. Wish their was a way to block them out on SDR#.

TG# 55312
RID 158033#

Site: 3 (3) 030 (1E) Thaxton Pontotoc

INDY72

Helpful hints for ID'ing TG's....

1, Look at the numbering of the TG, the first 2 digits will give you clues. See what they match up to countywise in the DB with what's already listed. Then if they match an used grouping, go to the third digit and see if it matches anything. Example: X County Sheriff Dispatch uses 21400. You start seeing activity on 21401, 21410... The first unidentified one definitely matches to the range for the sheriff. The second fits the range for someone in the county for sure. Next, put it in an scan pattern, or however your monitoring it. Next listen to that TG as often as possible, eventually someone will say something that will cue you in. Also pay close attention to the RID's. If its the same RID's say for example that the Sheriff's Office is using, its related for sure. The trick is in the close monitoring of it once you have it narrowed down somewhat. SO, PD, EMS, FD Dispatch TG's are the easiest to nail down. Then comes Tacticals/Firegrounds. the next that are trickier can be Car to Car/Talkaround.... DPW's can get tricky to narrow down if you don't already know what they sound like on an regular basis. Then comes encrypted TG's.... These can be very hard to nail down. RID's, TG Ranges, give excellent clues to who is using them.

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
copiah county ms. eoc

Copiah county ms. Eoc operates on mswin on talkgroup 42032. Still looking for ASAP ambulance
And hardy Wilson hospital. Haven't been able to find the dispatch for ASAP and can't hear them talking
to the hospital. Any help would be appreciated. Do we have any one else in copiah or the surrounding
Counties working on our unknowns?

895xlt

Premium Subscriber
Are you hearing panola county? the tgid 55312 is between 55306 and 55314 both for panola county. I see that Lafayette County is between you and them. which towers are you listening to? i am new at this and just asking questions and trying to learn more about this hobby.

Sheriff08

Feed Provider
Are you hearing panola county? the tgid 55312 is between 55306 and 55314 both for panola county. I see that Lafayette County is between you and them. which towers are you listening to? i am new at this and just asking questions and trying to learn more about this hobby.

After a good bit of listening I'm convinced that tgid 55312 belongs to a city/county waste management. They speak of picking up cans and have mentioned the Tunica county landfill. They were also on Hwy 6 one day talking about the sleet/snow . So yes, I believe it's garbage trucks in Panola. And very annoying listening to them cutting up and laughing for a hour in the mornings. If we done that with our radios they would shut us off. Also couldn't believe that waste management is even on the MSWIN ... thought it was just public safety.

I only listen to one tower in the Thaxton community in Pontotoc county. Site: 3 (3) 030 (1E) Thaxton Pontotoc . It don't seem to have as many trunking frequencies on it as others, so I have been able to leave it on just one Freq. and I hear 98% of two way traffic, rarely does the freq. jump. Actually this tower seems to only be using two trunking Frequencies.

INDY72

Any government agency can use the MSWIN if they sign an MOU with MWCC, come up with the funding for the radios, and go through the basic training on the system. DPW, PD, SO, FD, EMS, EMA, DOT, etc... And for some municipalities, its actually cheaper to bring everyone on instead of having to maintain multiple fleets of radios on different frequencies etc.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
New talkgroup:

55943 Prentiss County SO

They still use the old VHF channel too.

INDY72

Yes at least the SO. As many others are doing they are simulcasting on MSWIN and their VHF. No idea if EMA Local PD's FD's on yet.

bee

I have both the 536 and the HP 2, but I am not hearing Prentiss on MSWIN..

The HP 2 was updated 11-30 14 and the 536 about 9-25-14

What should I do to hear Prentiss, on MSWIN?

Should I update them again?

Last edited:

INDY72

As PCSO was just added like a day or so ago... I would update or manually add the TG.

Rick54

TGID 13620

I have not seen this posted anywhere but I am hearing what I think is Jackson State Police using TG 13620

Status
Not open for further replies.