This morning begins my retirement....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
On 02 Jan 2015 at 0900 I will be officially retired as the Overnight News Shooter at LEX18....Fore the next few weeks my schedule will be more of sleeping and trying to acclimate to "normal" life, i.e.: sleeping when the sun ISN'T in the sky, etc.... During this period of acclamation I will check in as often as possible, but might get a sukoshi behind in housekeeping and answering things, not to worry, I will return a new person...

GrumpyGuard

Congratulations on your retirement. I retired two weeks ago and the transition from graves to normal hours isn't too bad.

ranger821

Premium Subscriber
It takes about a month or more to get acclimated to retirement. I retired after 43 years working for uncle sam. Enjoy it. You earned it. I hated graveyard shift. Fortunately I had a day job for a while before I retired. When you get up and have that first cup of coffee and don't have to run out the door, that is when it will start to sink in.

R

retiredmich

Congratulations on your retirement, I retired 3yrs ago & it took some time to get used to it not getting up to get ready for work. Do as I please & when I pleased. SO with that said, GOOD luck & try not to get BOARD !

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations Steve on your retirement!! By the pix on twitter it looks like you will be missed at LEX18. Now go and enjoy life. Take care and keep your scanner going. Talk to ya later...

fenderblue

I retired last Feb and love it. Kinda do what you want to do. Never get up til the sun gets up. Have purchased 3 x36's since now that I have time listen to my 47 yr. hobby. It takes time to figure how to program too.

Welcome to the club!

I retired last spring,(still young,in my 40's)
Moved to the country,Started breeding & training K9's..Still get up at 0530 everyday..Thans a had habit to break..

Congrats sir..Enjoy all that extra time you now need to figure out what to do with..Ive expanded on my model building..Not glamorous but it keeps these devilish hands busy!...

Cheers!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Must be retirement day for news photogs. A guy (Ken Bradley from WDRB) whose path and mine crossed so many times over the years also has retired.

Every camera guy I came in contact with were super nice guys and always a pleasure to be around.

Thanks for all you've done in both your "real" career and still as the RR DB admin.

wtp

you are there when...

you wake up ask yourself "what day is it" and you don't know or care and think why did i ask myself that question anyway.

scannerbuff999

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
in about 3 years there will no news photographer left everybody has a i-phone and they do not care about the quality of the shot as long as they get the shot i know have worked as a news photographer and i have seen it go away so you are going at a good time i am thing about it myself now that i still have a job

Status
Not open for further replies.