MENU
PROGRAM SYSTEM
NEW SYSTEM
EDIT GROUP
NEW GROUP
EDIT CHANNEL
NEW CHANNEL
(set channel specifics)

Back out the menu one step by pressing the menu button.

This is all in the Uniden manual.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
Re scanner

I been trying but not very good at it , is it better just to get usb 1 and software im a old schooler i think its a little way to advanced for me .i have the disc maybe im just putting to much thought into it , gonna try agian .thank you brother for your input all of this helps stay safe .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Unless you are in a situation of having to hand-program a scanner, programming software such as FreeScan, Arc XT or ProScan are my suggestions.

Programming model scanners is not for the faint of heart. Doing so by hand is a very tedious process. So much time can be saved and the chance to make errors is greatly reduced.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
ofd8001

thanks i just purchased software and cable thank you all for input , you guys are very helpfull .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Another thing worth considering. As a premium subscriber, you can use the software to interface with the RR database and download all the data to program your scanner.

Programming life is exceptionally easier this way.

tjmarcum

Premium Subscriber
thanks i just purchased software and cable thank you all for input , you guys are very helpfull .

Rich I was in the same boat as you until I got the usb programming cable and the freescan software now it's no problem to put in whatever I want into my 996xt and 396xt. Well worth it.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
re clint

thank you i will read that i appreciate all help be safe stay warm brother .

Status
Not open for further replies.