NJ State Park police

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
ok i am in North Jersey Sussex County by High Point State Park and Stokes State Forest. Are the NJ State Park Police on Conventional channels or the Trunked System? Thanks for the info.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Most patrol ops will be on the TRS. The Fish & Game units are almost always on their digital talkgroups. Main PPD channel is analog.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Also as a side note, the NJ State Park Police units have been issued APX 7500 portable radios to replace their aging XTS 2500 handhelds, so look for a migration to the 700 MHz TRS at some point in the future. No time table given on this switch-over though so far that I'm aware of.

Tech792

GM probably meant the APX7000's.
Also in ref to the original post, I notice state park police on VHF DEP ch 1 running plates with Trenton Disp when down in the Waterford/Atsion/Wharton State Forest area. usually at night. Maybe the 800 is spotty down that way?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
GM probably meant the APX7000's.
Also in ref to the original post, I notice state park police on VHF DEP ch 1 running plates with Trenton Disp when down in the Waterford/Atsion/Wharton State Forest area. usually at night. Maybe the 800 is spotty down that way?

Yep...the 800 system has its spots out there in the woods where coverage isn't so good. More towards Chatsworth area is the problem. The VHF Waterford channels are more effective out there and the tower site is closer to that area by a few miles or so.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I meant the 7000; too many model types out there... :) And yes, coverage is spotty in the Pine Barrens and parts of the Ramapo Mtn area still. 95% of the communications will take place on the State 800 TRS, 4% on the VHF channels, and 1% on phones when the radios don't work right.

GM

Premium Subscriber
NJ State Park Police

I was told yesterday by a reliable source that the NJ Parks Police now have Ops 2 and Ops 3 talkgroups on the NJ ICS, and that they are both strapped in Secure mode. I was also advised that Fish/Wildlife has two Tac talkgroups, and that they are also strapped Secure mode. No talkgroup #'s available though as of yet but something to keep an eye out for...

NParkNJ

On the Road
Interesting...so I’ve been attempting to monitor them, in general.

Where does most of their activity occur, at least for up here in NNJ(Passaic County,etc)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM

Premium Subscriber
Most activity is on the 700 or 800 side of the system(s), as Parks PD and Ops 1 talkgroups are linked between both the 700 & 800 systems. They are also in the clear/open mode (for now). However the new talkgroups Parks PD Ops 2 and Parks PD Ops 3 are strapped in secure/encrypted mode. I do not know the TG #'s though.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Most activity is on the 700 or 800 side of the system(s), as Parks PD and Ops 1 talkgroups are linked between both the 700 & 800 systems. They are also in the clear/open mode (for now). However the new talkgroups Parks PD Ops 2 and Parks PD Ops 3 are strapped in secure/encrypted mode. I do not know the TG #'s though.

Ok. Thanks GM

GM

Premium Subscriber
It's used as a back-up in parts of the State where coverage on the NJ ICS and 800 TRS are spotty. I've also been told that it's being used to supplement Parks Maint./Staff and Forest Fire Ops, where needed. This also applies to the former Fish/Wildlife freq. of 151.32500.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm that there ops 2 channel is secured as there was a search going on for a gunmen in a nearby state forest on Sunday. However A sergeant told them to go back and stay on 1 as per SOP and not switch to 2 so everything stayed in the clear. This was on the 800.

NParkNJ

On the Road
I can confirm that there ops 2 channel is secured as there was a search going on for a gunmen in a nearby state forest on Sunday. However A sergeant told them to go back and stay on 1 as per SOP and not switch to 2 so everything stayed in the clear. This was on the 800.

Interesting. Any TG’s you know? For either 7/800?

Status
Not open for further replies.