La Crosse, WI Feed Cuts in and out

Status
Not open for further replies.

putterizer

I have noticed a reoccurring problem with a feed in my area over the past few months. I have been in contact with the provider, but he has not had any luck in correcting the problem or in finding the issue. I am posting here to bounce some ideas off you folks and see if anyone else has run into a problem like this or might know anything.

The feed is: La Crosse City and County Public Safety

When listening and when someone is talking, it will just cut out for a few seconds, then come back. The timing and duration of the cut out is random.

I have attached a clip of the audio ( Dropbox Link). This is a full recording obtained from my computer as I was listening and is not edited at all.
You can hear it cut out at about the 2 second mark for a few seconds. This cuts out while the officer is talking and has his mic keyed. It does this all day long when listening.

Another thing that might help you troubleshoot this....If you listen to the full audio clip you can hear the "white noise" from the feed while no one is talking. This also drops out randomly throughout the day. You will hear this cut out in the audio clip I have provided.
It happens at: :46 - :50 seconds, :58 - 1:02, 1:04 - 1:08, 1:37 - 1:41, 1:52 - 2:01

The randomly dropping of the white noise tells me it probably is not an issue with the scanner at all. More likely an issue with either the sound card on the computer, the uploading/streaming software, or maybe even radio reference/broadcastify itself. No other feeds I have listened to have this issue though, so not sure.

Has anyone run into this before or have any ideas on troubleshooting?

Last edited:

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
Ive noticed it once some time last month, I have never noticed it within the past few weeks of listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.