Programing an HP-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

Hello,

I'm not in your area but you could easily program it yourself. It should have came preloaded with frequencies. Also you could use the free software from Uniden called Sentinal to update any channels that have changed.

bfpdb

I had one of these before and got rid of it because of the way it has to be programmed. Yes it has everything in it but I dont want to spend all my time deleteing everything it hears all I want is what is In Lonoke county. I would be happy to Pay someone to program it but I really hate to send it to Scanner Master for that.

Voyager

You could just enter your zip code with a range of 0 miles, or use the SW to copy your county (or city) to a Favorite List, and just scan that. Much easier to edit in the SW.

Also don't forget to set the Service Types for what you do (or do not) want to hear.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
+1 to Voyagers recommendations. I generally keep one of my HP1's on 0 miles range, and it only hears my local PD and the SO! I have never played with favorites...I just sorta manually edit with range, service type and a few avoid button pushes.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
You could just enter your zip code with a range of 0 miles, or use the SW to copy your county (or city) to a Favorite List, and just scan that. Much easier to edit in the SW.

Also don't forget to set the Service Types for what you do (or do not) want to hear.

This is what I was going to say as well. I'm not sure that you do, but if you have all service types turned on then you will quite possibly hear a lot of things you don't care to so I echo Voyager here and say check the service types as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.