Metro Phase II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I spoke to one of the officers at the airport and he commented on the new radios. So far he likes them, much better than the Harris radios. He reported there were no longer digital drop outs and volume issues.

mdickerson17

Forgive me if this has been asked on another thread, I looked around a bit but didnt find anything. Is the new system fully operational yet? Is it monitorable with the bcd436hp or encrypted? If yes, how many area commands are currently switched over? Sorry for all the questions, I somewhat lost interest in this hobby after metro went silent (and the birth of my children) but am planning on picking up the bcd436hp when taxes come around. I do miss my nights just driving around and listening to my scanner and well, just relaxing. If anyone has any other details I may have left out please dont hesitate to throw them in. Thanks in advance, Matt.

SCPD

QRT
I spoke to one of the officers at the airport and he commented on the new radios. So far he likes them, much better than the Harris radios. He reported there were no longer digital drop outs and volume issues.[/QUOTE
I agree the new system is much better only once in two days did I noticed any garbled transmissions on NW

Matt, I have the 436 it’s a great unit, but I’m the opposite of you when listening to it. After I listen to my scanner for a while the hairs on my arms start standing on end. Especially when I hear a 406 with a 413 and the helicopter is circling my neighborhood or maybe its a 421 with a 413. In any event, I just found,”relaxing” a strange comment to read since there’s so much criminal activity happening all over the Vegas area. But hey, to each their own, right? I would suggest after you purchase your 436 to do an update after getting it up and going and welcome back to scanning.

Coolrich55, SOME of the metro frequencies ARE encrypted as 737mech mentioned in the earlier post. I have those on, avoid.

coolrich55

Well that's good to hear because it's not too often that changes. Although sometimes does. A good example is out in the northeast where I live Mansfield Mass Pd have been encrypted for years. Now that they just got a new chief, they are back in the clear. I would say that new chief is against encryption.

mdickerson17

Matt, I have the 436 it’s a great unit, but I’m the opposite of you when listening to it. After I listen to my scanner for a while the hairs on my arms start standing on end. Especially when I hear a 406 with a 413 and the helicopter is circling my neighborhood or maybe its a 421 with a 413. In any event, I just found,”relaxing” a strange comment to read since there’s so much criminal activity happening all over the Vegas area. But hey, to each their own, right? I would suggest after you purchase your 436 to do an update after getting it up and going and welcome back to scanning.

Coolrich55, SOME of the metro frequencies ARE encrypted as 737mech mentioned in the earlier post. I have those on, avoid.

Dont take it the wrong way, Ive been listening since my uncle had the old school crystal scanners when I was about 7y/o. Of course Im not happy about the crime but scanning is my hobby/escape. Didnt mean for that to come off the way it did though.
Also 737Mech thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Davedidit, I like to think of mine as a useful tool along with a toy :) especially useful when in a neighborhood watch program, as I am.

Matt, it’s no biggie, so no worries. I know you’re probably just as concerned as I am about the crime happening all around us. I was just commenting on how I feel when listening to my scanner. I didn’t mean that you were any lesser a person because you listen to relax.

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
Awesome. It would be nice if someone could get a feed going for that area, especially the strip/Downtown Area. It would be interesting with all the toruism.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Awesome. It would be nice if someone could get a feed going for that area, especially the strip/Downtown Area. It would be interesting with all the toruism.

I second that one...I wish there was a Convention Center feed again. Used to listen to that one a lot.

KJ6HCB

Anyone know if the errors with the latest Uniden update have been fixed for LVMPD? I dont want to update my scanner if Im not gonna be able to hear anything next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.