• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XTS Toggle Switch Program Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

m38inmaine

Premium Subscriber
I have a XTS5000 VHF Model III Host/DSP R19.50. Radio is set up with all conventional channels for ham use. When I try to assign the scan on/off function to the toggle switch I get "conventional" in red and the error tone. The cps says it's an option for the toggle, it also won't allow me to assign it to the concentric switch on top. The only thing I see that says it won't allow it if the auto scan function is on, which it is not. It will allow me to assign it to any one of the 3 side buttons. Thanks.

wsykes41770

Check you Scan List settings

Sounds to me as if you haven't selected the correct scan list in the template. (Done in the CPS.) You need to have a Scan List setup for Conventional. It can be Operator Select, but unless there is a list there, it will show up red. Without seeing the codeplug (template) I could be 100% sure, but that's what it sounds like to me.

m38inmaine

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. The scan list is set up for conventional, but I will go back into cps and confirm. What is strange is that it lets me program it(scan) to any of the side buttons but not the toggle even though the option is there.

cmdrwill

I use the A B C switch for PL disable and the concentric switch for talkaround/direct, and one of the side buttons for scan. They get selected in Controls, Switches.

SCPD

QRT
Yeah I agree either the abc function is setup for another item is the radio trunk capable? Be sure to go through the menu items and make sure it's all good snd make sure your sscan list is affiliated with the zones and channels you want. Also make sure in the perosnality for each channel isn't auto scan.

wsykes41770

You can't have scan on/off in more than one place. The CPS won't allow it. It is either on a side button, in the menu, on the A-B-C switch or the concentric switch. You can't have it in two of those.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
You can't have scan on/off in more than one place. The CPS won't allow it. It is either on a side button, in the menu, on the A-B-C switch or the concentric switch. You can't have it in two of those.

This is your problem and the correct solution. You can only have the scan option set for one switch/button.

m38inmaine

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the replies. I will go back in and delete scan from the side button and try it. I did not see scan as an option on my "display" menu but I will check it.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I don't remember, but I *think* you can have a softkey and a hardware key both programmed for scan, just not two hardware keys (been awhile, but may be possible). Either way as stated above, only one button/switch can be programmed for the same function. I use my toggle the same way for the field radios, but I use the emergency button for my personal stuff. ABC switch for the field radios is programmed as Blank/blank/scan. Easy on, easy off.

m38inmaine

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay in getting back. Since the scan works on the side button I don't think I have an issue with my scan list. So I deleted the scan function from the side button, programmed the radio and disconnected it. Reconnected, read the radio and confirmed scan was not assigned to any of the buttons or switches. So I went back to the toggle switch settings and selected scan and I get the same error, conventional at the top of the list turns red and if I scroll over "scan" I get a circle with a line through it. My options for the toggle are, TA/direct, channel select, zone select, scan, unprogrammed, blank, pl disable, tx low power, scan list program and keypad lock. The first 4 items all show an error and won't let me program them to the toggle, only the last 6 items. As a side note I do not have an option listed on my display menu for scan, only program scan to select or unselect a channel from the scan list. I greatly appreciate all the replies. It's a real head scratcher, I figured out channel announcement and have it working but can't get something as simple as scan on the toggle switch.

m38inmaine

Premium Subscriber
A special thanks to PJH, he found the conflict with the toggle switch settings, the hand held control head settings. Never would have even given it a thought as one is not attached. Thank you all for the replies and being so willing to help.

station32

Hey guys, having the same issue with zone select (Xts 5000 model ii). Zone select is NOT programmed on either hard or soft keys. Can't figure it out, any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.