2015-Starcom21 Thread Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomington Fire Dept VHF or Starcom21

Does anybody know if the Bloomington Fire has transitioned over to Starcom21 or are they still using the old VHF Freqs? Are they using TG# 4995 full time or part time?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anybody know if the Bloomington Fire has transitioned over to Starcom21 or are they still using the old VHF Freqs? Are they using TG# 4995 full time or part time?

Tony, can you hear Bloomington from Peoria? Listen on on Metcom freqs and watch your wildcard, I'm sure you'll find out. :)

n9zas

Tony, can you hear Bloomington from Peoria? Listen on on Metcom freqs and watch your wildcard, I'm sure you'll find out. :)

n9zas

Yep I can hear Bloomington Fire from Peoria if I put on a certain antenna. I will give it a listen. Thank you! I meant I can hear the VHF Freqs better than Starcom21. I get the Normal Tower on ducting from here.

Last edited:

n9zas

I plugged in the VHF Metcom Freqs and waiting to see what I hear. I looked in the DB and saw that it still says Paging/Dispatch for BFD VHF Freq. And that their has been some simulcast/testing on Starcom21.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Just heard TG5051-RID434xxx on Tower102-So Ch Hts= IL-IEPA discussing hazmat spill in some Chicago sewers.....

Today I heard TG2991 , Kane Site, Say go to Channel 127? 2991 is Metra PD per the DB. Any ideas?

When you heard go to Ch.127 that is proberly anther talkgroup. Did you try and search wildcard and see if a new talkgroup popped up or not? Open up your zone to all talkgroups. They could have a new talkgroup that is not in the DB.

menkes

Yes I am running wildcard on that site. I was wondering about that, another talkgroup, or a railroad freq. I looked up rr fregs in the wiki, they go to 97 but the new narrowband go higher.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Possible they were referring to AAR (railroad) channel 127? The frequency is 160.5225, and it is one of the "new" narrowband channels. If this is what they were talking about, comms might have been digital using the NXDN/Nexedge format. See Railroads Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference for a complete list of AAR channels.

Today I heard TG2991 , Kane Site, Say go to Channel 127? 2991 is Metra PD per the DB. Any ideas?

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
On site 224 today, I've got talkgroup 5658 coming up with Macomb and Lewistown IDOT trucks. On what is labeled as the Macomb yard talkgroup, 5659, I've got units from Monmouth, Aledo, and Biggsville (with one key up from a Knoxville unit). Also, I heard Carthage units on talkgroup 5675, which is not in the database, but fits in to the District 6 numbering. 5658 is in the database as a District 6 talkgroup, but I believe this to be incorrect based on what I've heard today and given how it fits in with the numbering of District 4 talkgroups.

On site 224 today, I've got talkgroup 5658 coming up with Macomb and Lewistown IDOT trucks. On what is labeled as the Macomb yard talkgroup, 5659, I've got units from Monmouth, Aledo, and Biggsville (with one key up from a Knoxville unit). Also, I heard Carthage units on talkgroup 5675, which is not in the database, but fits in to the District 6 numbering. 5658 is in the database as a District 6 talkgroup, but I believe this to be incorrect based on what I've heard today and given how it fits in with the numbering of District 4 talkgroups.

Thank you for the info for IDOT :D. I would listen to 5675 and take notes and see if you can get more locations than Carthage. Like a bigger Metro town near Carthage. See if you hear them mention Springfield. You are problery right about TG# 5658 because it goes 5657,5659 for D4.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the info for IDOT :D. I would listen to 5675 and take notes and see if you can get more locations than Carthage. Like a bigger Metro town near Carthage. See if you hear them mention Springfield. You are problery right about TG# 5658 because it goes 5657,5659 for D4.

I've only gotten 7 hits on 5675 all day, and none since 11:41 this morning. Probably just a Carthage truck that went far enough east in Hancock County to affiliate with the Macomb site.

I've only gotten 7 hits on 5675 all day, and none since 11:41 this morning. Probably just a Carthage truck that went far enough east in Hancock County to affiliate with the Macomb site.

You are proberly right. Did you submitt that talkgroup for the DB as a new TG?

It looks like they submitted it as the correct info into the DB ;). And also put the new TG in the DB also.

Status
Not open for further replies.