OSP on 700MHZ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
Will OSP be using 700mhz MARCS?
The reason I ask is I can't find any 700MHZ TalkGroup IDs for OSP on the Radio Reference database.
Probably I'm just overlooking them but I am trying to find TGs OSP would use in SE Ohio Washington/Athens/Meigs counties

ctpd845

Feed Provider
OSP is still on the old MARCS system right now. Sometime in the next two months OSP should start using the new MARCS P25 system, which I assume is the 700MHz you are talking about.

SCPD

QRT
OSP is on the old MARCS presently and is scheduled to move to the MARCS IP system in March when the old MARCS system will deactivate. So there are no OSP TGs on there yet. Stay tuned.

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply!
That is the system to which I was referring. I am not suprised as it will be a big job to reprogram all of the vehicles and would think they would do it by region. Also I think it is possible there might be some resistance on the part of OSP as from my experience the 800MHZ system just plain works better. By that I mean better coverage and better recovered audio quality but that's just my opinion from limited experience.

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
Thanks tazz!
I was in Wellston yesterday working on the radio system at General Mills.
Do you know where those extenders are located??

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Thanks for the reply!
That is the system to which I was referring. I am not suprised as it will be a big job to reprogram all of the vehicles and would think they would do it by region. Also I think it is possible there might be some resistance on the part of OSP as from my experience the 800MHZ system just plain works better. By that I mean better coverage and better recovered audio quality but that's just my opinion from limited experience.

MARCS P25 system will become a mixed 700/800 system once the old MARCS system is shut off. I'm sure by now most if not all OSP radios have been reprogrammed to include both the old and new systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.