Maple Grove Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnrick

Tonight I was listening to what sounded like fireground operations on TG 10516 which is labeled as a Police "event" channel.

If anyone here is familiar with Maple Grove's talk group usage, if the police/fire share side channels as needed?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The Maple Grove fire chief is an old friend - we've gone to several schools together over the years and I've visited him from time to time during visits to Minneapolis.

I know they have a very good working relationship with the police department and imagine their radios are programmed with each others channels.

Since Maple Grove fire doesn't have a "training channel" for their own, I can see how they might "borrow" one of the police event channels for use during training sessions, which makes excellent sense to me.

mnrick

OK, I see. I did not realize it was a training operation. I just heard what sounded like a fire response and the alpha tag on the channel was for police use.

In Hennepin County they have a lot of fire channels. It seems that each city has their own "T2T" and/or Admin channels for fire and then there is also the "HFIRE" channels which I assume could be used for multiple agency responses or they could also go to a ME TAC channel which I have heard a few times.

stmills

The City of Maple Grove has 5 Event Channels that are shared by police and fire along the police and fire specific channels.
As for Hennepin Fire agencies- they have the Fire Main, Fire Emergency, H-Fire tac channels which are assigned on a per incident basis usually for a possible working fire or incident that requires a dispatcher monitored channel. The cities have at least 2 fire ops channels. There are also the southwest Hennepin Fireground channels used by the Hennepin fire departments that run there own dispatch. ME-Tacs are often put in use at fires for EMS to be on channel with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.