BCD536HP - power cycling/rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Maybe someone else has experienced this issue. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that the clock battery on my BCD536HP won't keep a charge despite attempting to leave it plugged in and turned on for at least 50 hours on numerous occasions...

Starting today, my scanner will not properly turn on. When I attempt to power it up it attempts to load my favorites list, then prompts me to enter the time, and then shuts down, reboots, and starts this process over again - repeatedly.

I guess I'll be sending it in for warranty repair. Just a bummer I'll be without it for a bit.

Josh

Voyager

Can you remove the card and try reading (or writing) it via Sentinel with a card reader? That would ensure it's not a corrupted card.

Voyager

Did it work in the scanner after you (re)wrote it?

How are you powering the scanner?

Voyager

Do you have another 12V source to try? It does sound like a repair issue, though.

When you rewrote it, did you select CLEAR USER DATA first? If not, you could try that, then rewrite your FLs.

whooey

Maybe someone else has experienced this issue. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that the clock battery on my BCD536HP won't keep a charge despite attempting to leave it plugged in and turned on for at least 50 hours on numerous occasions...

Starting today, my scanner will not properly turn on. When I attempt to power it up it attempts to load my favorites list, then prompts me to enter the time, and then shuts down, reboots, and starts this process over again - repeatedly.

I guess I'll be sending it in for warranty repair. Just a bummer I'll be without it for a bit.

Josh

This has happened to mine twice in the last week. :(

MidTNScanDude

If I hook an External speaker (tried 2 dif ones that both work fine all all my other radios) and go over 10 or 11 on the volume (plugged into the supplied AC Adapter) it hits a low power and reboots constantly... The App I bought it for does not exist so I need to be able to run an External speaker. I am going to purchase an Amp and try that.. Almost as frustrating as no 28 on my volume... jumps from 27 to 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.